Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Leipsic is an energy player but doesn't do much in his own end and he isn't physical. That's what has kept him from being a regular in the starting lineup throughout his career.
He has been excellent thus far this season and I disagree on him not being physical. For a guy his size he is as physical as you could hope for.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Look at the third period. That is what rolling over and giving up looks like.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 9.43.48 PM.png

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Best Caps I've ever seen. Looks effortless. Better than the Presidents' Trophy teams because way more relaxed imo.

Reactions: JenniferH

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He has been excellent thus far this season and I disagree on him not being physical. For a guy his size he is as physical as you could hope for.
He hits but they aren't bruising hits. I wouldn't really call him physical. He hadn't been credited for a hit the past 5 games.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He still has played well. I don’t get what your complaint is.
Him mmm. I wasn't complaining about him. I like the way he has played for us.
Just pointing out the reason that he has never been a regular starter. Was that over your head?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
We are seriously next level right now.
The offense is. We'll see how the D evolves. They've given up a ton of goals so far.

Limiting a pretty good Buffalo team to one goal is a good sign, but they need to do it consistently. Here's your queue, Todd.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Caps were gassed last year. Only reason they didn’t go back-to-back.

Class of the NHL.

IMO the reason is that come playoff time, players stopped performing and there was an over dependence on Ovi. Ovi played the best hockey of career last playoffs.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It sure is nice to have an easy night once in a while. Holtby did what he had to do and that's quite a bit more than the score would indicate. He is trending up and that's the best news this team could get.

It's nice to see that we can win games when our top line effectively takes a night off. I had a bad feeling about this one and it turned out to be the easiest game of the year. I mean, Stephenson finished off a 4-on-1, in cool and composed fashion, with a shot. Into the net, no less. I'm just gonna ride this high for as long as it lasts.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
It sure is nice to have an easy night once in a while. Holtby did what he had to do and that's quite a bit more than the score would indicate. He is trending up and that's the best news this team could get.

It's nice to see that we can win games when our top line effectively takes a night off. I had a bad feeling about this one and it turned out to be the easiest game of the year. I mean, Stephenson finished off a 4-on-1, in cool and composed fashion, with a shot. Into the net, no less. I'm just gonna ride this high for as long as it lasts.

It was the correct net even.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Michal Kempny with 8 points (3+5) in his first 7 games, to go with +8, which is third to only Gudas (+11!) and Carlson (+9). We missed him dearly in the Playoffs last season.

Also love to see the 4th line get rewarded. They have been really good this season. Holtby with another good game.

Good win and they are top of the East again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad