Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps 1.27.2013 3 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
There's your rookie in a second-line role ;)

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Not doing badly so far. Vanek had at one point been on the ice for every Sabres goal this season... dunno if that's still true.

Pominville and Vanek actually. Only Two Goals that have been scored by the Sabres that weren't from the top line were on the Powerplay in the first game ... Vanek assisted on both. However; Needless to say the Sabres have lacked offense from lines 2-4 and thus the lines have been shifted.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

He's been on for all of them. He has 9 points and the Sabres have 11 goals. The 2 he wasn't involved he was creating havoc in front of the net.

I Am Score*

And they're still dominant lol.

By the way why are you guys even up, it's 3pm.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
And they're still dominant lol.

By the way why are you guys even up, it's 3pm.

According to the Sabres fan, it's not his line that was dominant... wouldn't be surprised to see him stick though. Next time I go to check the Bills thread I'll take a peek (unless a kindly Sabres fan would like to enlighten us).

3AM? and yeah, bed.

I Am Score*

According to the Sabres fan, it's not his line that was dominant... wouldn't be surprised to see him stick though. Next time I go to check the Bills thread I'll take a peek (unless a kindly Sabres fan would like to enlighten us).

3AM? and yeah, bed.

Haha same thing. I'm headed off was just checking in. And that 2nd line isn't too bad, I think he's just dissatisifed as in all fans are sometimes.

Peace guys.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
MW6 nailed it. Ovi may benefit from a right hand center.

No, its not a demotion for Ovi :facepalm:

Nick, yep. MJ, yep.

It's a big promotion for Beagle, who has earned one. Crabb was competing against MJ. Nuff said.

I think Oates or George wants to see LW Ovi with a RH center. I do too of course. Enter the only RH center we have, and one playing very well to boot. Oates the laughing stock with his random line generator, maybe its not so random after all.

Oates saw Ovi at LW did not need Nick.You have too, for years before Nick came here. Nick and RW nor LW Ovi have not shown the chemistry nor coordinated attack one could reasonably expect, to warrant keeping them together during a winless streak.

It's Oates trying to find a line for Ovi. While that line looked lost it did about as good as Ovi / Nick / X had done, whose only goal was potted by our goon futbol style.

Dashtary!

I Am Score*

MW6 nailed it. Ovi may benefit from a right hand center.

No, its not a demotion for Ovi :facepalm:

Nick, yep. MJ, yep.

It's a big promotion for Beagle, who has earned one. Crabb was competing against MJ. Nuff said.

I think Oates or George wants to see LW Ovi with a RH center. I do too of course. Enter the only RH center we have, and one playing very well to boot. Oates the laughing stock with his random line generator, maybe its not so random after all.

Oates saw Ovi at LW did not need Nick.You have too, for years before Nick came here. Nick and RW nor LW Ovi have not shown the chemistry nor coordinated attack one could reasonably expect, to warrant keeping them together during a winless streak.

It's Oates trying to find a line for Ovi. While that line looked lost it did about as good as Ovi / Nick / X had done, whose only goal was potted by our goon futbol style.

Dashtary!

That's a pretty dangerous experiment though.

What if he turns out to be amazing with a RH Center? Do you move Nick to the 2nd line permanently? Where is Ribeiro, a third line center at his price point?

Who do you fill the top spot with?

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
When is Laich back. We need him. It'll be funny for his detractors if he returns and the team starts playing inspired.

OV-Beagle-Chimera would be the line I'd try. Crabb shouldn't be there. I can live with Beagle because he is the best guy we have in the dot. More faceoff wins=more chances

I Am Score*

When is Laich back. We need him. It'll be funny for his detractors if he returns and the team starts playing inspired.

OV-Beagle-Chimera would be the line I'd try. Crabb shouldn't be there. I can live with Beagle because he is the best guy we have in the dot. More faceoff wins=more chances

Maybe Chimera can use his speed and actually do something.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Maybe Chimera can use his speed and actually do something.

My thought is, Beagle can win the o-zone faceoffs and be the dump guy. Chimera can chase. OV does no work but shoot.

MoJo could have filled the Chimera spot but he seems to have lost his speed. I don't notice him flying on the ice any more, which was really his bright spot.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
What if he turns out to be amazing with a RH Center?

Are you kidding me? Do you really think that is what has been holding him back, that his centerman is a left shot? Yeah he would have been putting up Gretzky and Lemieux numbers if his center had been a right shot during his glory days. Who knew...?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, let's see how my (triumphant?) return to VC for hockey turns out.

I take full credit if the Caps pull out their first win tonight.

on an aside, i saw the scenes to next week's epi of "Suits" and saw yer boy looking up from a desk looking just like your avitar. i had an instant nbtw flashback

I Am Score*

Are you kidding me? Do you really think that is what has been holding him back, that his centerman is a left shot? Yeah he would have been putting up Gretzky and Lemieux numbers if his center had been a right shot during his glory days. Who knew...?

I hope you realize how rude you're coming off as.

If Ovechkin breaks his slump with a RH and proves that he is better that way, who are you to say otherwise???

A simple change of direction can completely help a player rebound. Some centers like guys with right handed or left handed sticks as well. If you listened to Ribeiro he said it was nice that both wings played according to their position.

It's not going to "drastically" help but it could get him out of his slump.

Vladiator16*

I wonder how many times Hendricks will have to sacrifice his noggin this afternoon...

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Sabres have nothing much to offer other than that first line, which wont keep them in the game every game (even great lines have offdays). Good opportunity for the Caps to get their first W at home.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I hope you realize how rude you're coming off as.

If Ovechkin breaks his slump with a RH and proves that he is better that way, who are you to say otherwise???

A simple change of direction can completely help a player rebound. Some centers like guys with right handed or left handed sticks as well. If you listened to Ribeiro he said it was nice that both wings played according to their position.

It's not going to "drastically" help but it could get him out of his slump.

Realize? It is completely intentional because the premise is freaking ridiculous.

Sure right or left can make a difference for a scoring winger if the prerequisites are met first, vision, playmaking and passing abilities, of which Beagle has none.

Hey maybe Green could do it? Sure he isn't even a forward but he's a right shot and has some of the other skills required to get the best out of a scoring winger at least...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think the Caps get their first win of the season, to quell the skeptics (me).

4-2 Caps. Ovechkin w a PP goal, and an EN goal (remember them???).

Backstrom with 3 assists, and Ribeiro with 1G and 1A as well.

Fun times back at VC.;)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
218c3GG.png

Tied for third to last in goals, last in goals against and somehow amazingly only third to last in PK%.

As much as Buffalo has only had one line going, the Caps haven't really had any. Only Columbus seems like a more poorly constructed group at the moment and even they play harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad