Proposal: Sabres | Blackhawks

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I'm a neutral fan but with the Blackhawks going with a rebuild, I thought Buffalo going after the hometown kid could be unique and interesting.

To BUF:

Patrick Kane

To CHI:

Jeff Skinner
Rasmus Asplund (?) (Or another B level prospect)

May be the deal could be extended to include Duncan Keith and one of the Sabres d-men (Miller?). Keith could help mentor Dahlin. I don't know, just a thought.

I'd love to see a Hall - Eichel - Kane line :popcorn:

Reactions: violaswallet

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Kane has a big cap hit but he's still one of the best players in the league, Skinner is okay but is grossly overpaid. I doubt the rebuilding Hawks would want Skinner and his long term boat anchor contract for free.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
This is a terrible proposal for the Hawks. They massively downgrade at wing to save barely any money, take on a much longer contract, and get a middling prospect as well.

Reactions: AzHawk

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Incredibly bad. Skinner has huge negative value. Kane has a large cap hit but at least he's worthy of it. Insta pass for Chicago barring huge pluses attached.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'm a neutral fan but with the Blackhawks going with a rebuild, I thought Buffalo going after the hometown kid could be unique and interesting.

To BUF:

Patrick Kane

To CHI:

Jeff Skinner

May be the deal could be extended to include Duncan Keith and one of the Sabres d-men (Miller?). Keith could help mentor Dahlin. I don't know, just a thought.

Make the prospect one of Quinn/Cozens/Olofsson and retain on Skinner. Then the Hawks might consider it.

Reactions: IlikeEich and qqaz

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Any real trade with Buffalo for Kane will probably be:

Chi: Kane with retention

Buf: a massive amount of picks, prospects, and young NHLers

I don't see it either team being interested in that right now.

Reactions: AzHawk and Sinbad

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Skinner was just voted the #2 worst contract in the league and you think him/B level prospect gets a guy who had 110 points two seasons ago and was on pace for 98 last year?

I get your overall point, but forgive me if I don't take that poll seriously. There is FAR more than 1 player around the league with a worse contract than Skinner. There are a bunch of guys who are in their 30s, already bordering on replacement level, and have several years left with high AAVs. Skinner is in his 20s and scored 40 goals a year ago. The not-stupid money says he'll perform much closer to his contract value over the remaining years than, e.g., Marc Vlasic.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario

To BUF:

Patrick Kane

To CHI:

Jeff Skinner

Oh Boy.

A) Skinner has a NMC and is just as disinterested in being part of a rebuild as Kane is. Zero chance he waives. At 27yo, He's also already aged out of the core the Hawks are planning to build around.

B) Asplund is not the difference in value that makes CHI even consider this. He MIGHT be an NHL bottom-6 fwd... Maybe.

C) Keith, at 37yo is not a need in BUF, he's too expensive has a full NMC & is a diminishing asset. He's also a LH shot which does not make him an ideal partner for Dahlin. Pass, not a fit.

Any deal for Kane to BUF starts w/ Reinhart or Cozens and includes at least one other A- Prospect and/or a high pick...

** Starts with.

Reactions: Sinbad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad