Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sabres at Blackhawks GDT (7 PM ET)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Terry Pegula scoffing when asked about a team president will forever be burned into my brain.

Terry making an important decision for the franchise over a dinner he had the night before encompasses everything wrong with his ownership. Feelings over logical reasoning...

Reactions: Royisgone

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
cant wait to get robbed when we trade Reinhart away and he takes off because the team will know exactly how to use the guy correctly, while we fool ourselves into thinking to pieces we get back combined can come close to the value of Reinhart.

But I’m glad to see Reinhart to be this fanbase’s whipping boy. Kind of was getting sick of hear about Vlad and Vesey for a moment.
It doesn't get more correct than being stapled to Eichel's right side.

But yes, the last thing we need is Botterill trading him off for pieces.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
It doesn't get more correct than being stapled to Eichel's right side.

But yes, the last thing we need is Botterill trading him off for pieces.

Have you seen the ROR trade? Botterill is great at liquidating talent for worthless pieces! He should totally go for it!

:naughty::laugh::sarcasm:

:help:

Reactions: JackTheRipper

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
cant wait to get robbed when we trade Reinhart away and he takes off because the team will know exactly how to use the guy correctly, while we fool ourselves into thinking to pieces we get back combined can come close to the value of Reinhart.

But I’m glad to see Reinhart to be this fanbase’s whipping boy. Kind of was getting sick of hear about Vlad and Vesey for a moment.

I think about that for a lot of our players.

I think about Eichel getting the hard coaching he needs, Reinhart getting pushed into center with vets, Mitts and Girgs getting the development they need, Dahlin getting a truly decent veteran partner to help teach him and give balance.

The part that pisses me off the most about this team, is that there has never been a need to waste the last three years.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So did the Sabres. They were a playoff team when Pegula bought them. Lafontaine wanted to keep the core. Terrry Pegula on the advice of legendary hockey maven, Ted Black, went for the firesale/tank approach.

there was no core here by the time Pat came into the picture. Miller was the only piece here.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
there was no core here by the time Pat came into the picture. Miller was the only piece here.
I thought it boiled down to Murray wanting to trade Miller, and LaLa wanting to keep him. In the end Murray won and Patty resigned.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
So did the Sabres. They were a playoff team when Pegula bought them. Lafontaine wanted to keep the core. Terrry Pegula on the advice of legendary hockey maven, Ted Black, went for the firesale/tank approach.

Ted Black was always extremely popular at this board!

True story.

Reactions: Buffaloed

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I thought it boiled down to Murray wanting to trade Miller, and LaLa wanting to keep him. In the end Murray won and Patty resigned.

Yep, but there were no other old core players here. Patty only wanted Miller

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Holy crap, I just watched the highlights. How is Jack letting an 18 year old embarrass him on that second Dach goal. I mean, he has the ability to eliminate the girst goal too, but whatever.

That second goal against would get a high school player benched.

Top to bottom, where is a single sign that culture has mattered or improved in the slightest?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Ted Black was always extremely popular at this board!

True story.
I was here. I remember the fans loved his communication skills. He was going to get all the games streaming and OTA. Then he became extremely unpopular. Murray was also very popular before he became unpopular. We loved his blunt style. Now he's being rehabilitated.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I was here. I remember the fans loved his communication skills. He was going to get all the games streaming and OTA. Then he became extremely unpopular. Murray was also very popular before he became unpopular. We loved his blunt style. Now he's being rehabilitated.

Is Murray being rehabilitated? Or is there just a little push back on the idea that he ruined the team beyond valiant Botts effort?

In retrospect Murray made a bunch of dumb moves, particularly timing wise. They just were not franchise crippling moves. In the cap world, its pretty difficult to cripple a franchise.

Botts certainly is taking a run at it tho with his savvy contract signings.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
That was the worst game i have seen in a while..part of me will whine and make excuses using three in four last on the road..
Eichel letting dach on the second was eerily similar to ristolainen in no hurry out of the box to break up second goal night before.. I need to forget all of this and see what happens next game. This is a tape to burn.. Punked schooled and outworked. Botteril fiddled and didnt pay in the offseason as we burn now..at least two wingers and an enforcer away from competitive .. I hope im wrong .

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Is Murray being rehabilitated? Or is there just a little push back on the idea that he ruined the team beyond valiant Botts effort?

Coaches and GM's are rated relative to the one that precede and follow them. When change is made due to failure, blame is cast on the previous regime. If failure continues there's a reassessment of the apportionment of blame. Or as one of my friends who has season tickets said, "Murray and Bylsma weren't so bad after all".

Reactions: sabrebuild

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Coaches and GM's are rated relative to the one that precede and follow them. When change is made due to failure, blame is cast on the previous regime. If failure continues there's a reassessment of the apportionment of blame. Or as one of my friends who has season tickets said, "Murray and Bylsma weren't so bad after all".

Murray certainly looks much better now that the Moulson contract doesn't show up on Capfriendly.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad