Confirmed with Link: Sabres announce 2014-15 season-ticket prices

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES ANNOUNCE 2014-15 SEASON-TICKET PRICES

Accounts renewed by June 23 will include a 6.5% rebate; SabreBucks will be accepted at HARBORCENTER

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the prices for season-ticket packages for the 2014-15 season. The prices for season tickets have increased by four percent from 2013-14, which amounts to roughly $1 to $4 more per game, depending on seat location, but will remain among the most affordable in the NHL.

“We are grateful to our fans for their incredible loyalty and patience through a challenging season,” said Sabres president Ted Black. “It’s important to us to balance the affordability of our tickets against the opportunity to qualify for League revenue sharing.”

Accordingly, as an added benefit this year, Season Ticket Holders can earn up to a 6.5% rebate, which is added to their SabreBucks card, if their account is renewed by June 23. Season Ticket Holders will receive a 2.5% rebate on their SabreBucks card if the account is renewed after June 23.

[NHL]615032[/NHL]
Season Tickets- Ted Black Interview (5/7/14)

[NHL]615033[/NHL]
Season Tickets- John Sinclair Interview (5/7/14)

Last edited:

Clock

May 13, 2006
6.5% rebate at the sabres store is a nice little trick to increase revenue, good on them.

Especially since the markup has to be hilariously higher than that anyhow.

Can't wait to hear the backlash from the ticket hikes...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
As a STH I was expecting a small jump in price, so the $1 to $4 per seat per game doesn't bother me. It's still lower than most of the NHL arenas. The 6.5% is awesome. I use the SabreBucks exclusively on concessions throughout the year. So the majority of what I buy won't be an added expense. The normal rate was 2.5% and I was getting roughly $55/yr. With the extra SabreBucks, I'll have to splurge on a new hat for myself and/or new hoodie for my wife.

I wonder how many STH'ers will actually act on any complaining they do and cancel their tickets. My guess is under 200.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
And for those that do not renew there are 2900 people waiting in line to replace them. I am a STH as well and will not hesitate to renew. It is a small increase and had to be done to keep in line for revenue sharing.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
And for those that do not renew there are 2900 people waiting in line to replace them. I am a STH as well and will not hesitate to renew. It is a small increase and had to be done to keep in line for revenue sharing.

Where did you get that number? I couldn't find that info. I was under the assumption the waiting list was somewhere between 1500-2000.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Where did you get that number? I couldn't find that info. I was under the assumption the waiting list was somewhere between 1500-2000.

They announced the number on HH this morning when Ted Black was on. Can't remember what figure they said.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Lots of new/young fans...They keep going to the games despite the crappy product...Prices will increase...I moved back to the area recently, and have not gone to any games....I refuse to spend any of my hard earned money on this garbage...Also, it did not help that Darcy was still in charge.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005

I try to use the Sabres bucks during the 40% off sales to get even more bang for the sabrebuck.

I guess, count me in the minority of people that are disappointed that the team is charging me more to be intentionally worse.

I've been strongly considering transferring my ticket rights. It's a lot of money to spend on something that isn't enjoyable, just because it might be hard to get tickets once the team doesn't suck anymore.

If someone is serious about cutting that 3000 person line... lets talk

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I try to use the Sabres bucks during the 40% off sales to get even more bang for the sabrebuck.

I guess, count me in the minority of people that are disappointed that the team is charging me more to be intentionally worse.

I've been strongly considering transferring my ticket rights. It's a lot of money to spend on something that isn't enjoyable, just because it might be hard to get tickets once the team doesn't suck anymore.

If someone is serious about cutting that 3000 person line... lets talk

If you're serious about giving up your tickets in perpetuity give me a pm.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
DF19A469-840D-4AD1-86EC-84ED335E42AC.jpg

Well, for those who are still confused with the plan, the Sabres mailed this out with next seasons invoice. :laugh:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
6.5% rebate at the sabres store is a nice little trick to increase revenue, good on them.

Sabrebuck card holders get 20% off at the Sabres store just by showing their card, but are not required to pay with it. That's where the main revenue bump will come from IMO.

The rebate is a pretty nice thing to do, but depending on how they do their accounting it's probably a bigger help on the tax side of things.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Sabrebuck card holders get 20% off at the Sabres store just by showing their card, but are not required to pay with it. That's where the main revenue bump will come from IMO.

The rebate is a pretty nice thing to do, but depending on how they do their accounting it's probably a bigger help on the tax side of things.

Minipack holders get this too. Just show your stub it shows it's from a minipack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad