Post-Game Talk: Sabres 5, Penguins 4 (OT) - WHAT THE FLYING **** WAS THAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
So how much did Shero manage to re-sign hossa for?

That was all Hossa though. Gave us the lip service, but was waiting for a better deal the whole time. I think we would have resigned Malone if we knew Hossa was gonna bolt, but who knows what that could have led to. I was so glad to see Hossa miserable on Detroit, but was actually happy for him in Chicago.

Perfect example of the kind of deal Shero made. Three ways to succeed. A 1st, Dumo and Sutter.

Guess who is on the other end of that trade cos this guy’s brother plays on the team.

That was a pretty good trade considering I believe there was only two real options(CAR and NYR). Brian Burke (then with Toronto) had said he made a play for Staal but lost out because he didn't have a Staal on his current team.

Did this not happen in 16-17 with Shero’s draft pick Guentzel at the middle of the run?

And in 15-16 with Shero’s picks Murray, Rust, and Sheary front and center?

I’m not trying to take anything from JR. Like I wouldn’t from Shero bringing in Kunitz, Guerin, Hossa, Roberts, Gill, etc for the back to back in 08-09.

But, let’s be honest. Rutherford has sunk this team by rash decisions two years out of five and had his talent (including Kessel who he brought in) greatly succeed for him.

Wasn't Sheary and undrafted college FA?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Like a coach like Keenan. Rutherford is the type of short fix you want for a couple of years.

If the Pens wanted to succeed they should have bumped JR to president and made Botts GM after the back to back.

It’s 100% clear after the past two years.

If you're arguing that we should've let JR retire or something and Make Botts the GM, i agree 100%(look what he has done in Buff)

But Shero or JR?!

JR all day long.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What did Shero do in his time in Pittsburgh? He inherited Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Gonchar and a #2 overall pick from Craig Patrick. Hell, I could also include guys like Goligoski, Kennedy and Whitney too. He won 1 cup based on Crosby and Malkin going god mode, made like 5 good trades in a decade with the team (the Hossa trade, the Neal trade, the Kunitz trade, the Staal trade and the Iginla trade) and drafted well in the mid to late rounds 2010-2013. Outside of that, he was horrible.

Drafts before 2010? Horrible. Free agent signings in general? Outside of Paul Martin, which was **** for the first 2 years of it, horrible. You want to complain about Jack Johnson? I'll raise you Michalek and Scuderi, who were both given way worse contracts than Johnson was given. 1st round draft picks? The only one that became a regular was Maatta. There is absolutely nothing that Shero did better than Rutherford has done with the Penguins, to suggest otherwise is pure stupidity. Full stop.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think it's worth repeating. This roster may not be perfect. But it should be far from last place in the East.

This really seems to be history repeating itself. I just hope the GM doesn't decide to go down with his coach again.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Since no one seems to want to discuss tonights' game, the thread has been closed. If you'd like to talk about actual roster construction and the cap, please go to the Cap thread here. If you want to burn it to the ground or compare different eras or what ever, take it here. And if you still have some hope left, take it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->