GDT: Sabres (4-0-1) v. Stars (1-4-1) 10/14, 3:00 PM

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Again, can anyone point out the Stars having a really dangerous chance in the third? They threw a lot of pucks on net, but that was a methodical win.
Did you see the save of the game for Hutton? It was a shot from the side of the net. That tells us everything we need to know, haha. Probably one of the easiest shutouts he's ever registered.

Reactions: sabresEH

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Wow. Only got to see the later half of the third but that looked convincing. The Stars who were supposed to try to come back barely seemed to have the puck. And shutout!

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Is Olofsson the front runner or long shot for rookie of the year?

He's in the mix with Makar right now. Kakko hasn't really gotten going yet and Hughes doesn't have a single point I don't think. Quinn Hughes is looking great too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eichel was fine. He didn't impose his will on the game, but he did what he needed to get the team the win. This game, of all games, was defined by a team effort, not individual players.

I actually thought his line had some nice five on five looks that came off of his stick, including the opening shot from Sam that went off Bishop’s knob (sounds wrong :biglaugh: ).

He was quieter than other nights and still popped two apples. I’m good with a team win and some scoresheet impact on an “off night”. And not for nothing, they weren’t crushed in their own zone in terms of chances against either.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Where did I mention Sam? I just pointed out that Eichel didn't have a great game...

everyone knows what you’re doing. It’s harmless, but obvious. And you have been mentioning sam vs eichel...I’m trying to learn to embrace it!

And eichel didn’t have a great game, just a quiet good one. It’s funny you are singling that type of performance when that’s reinhart’s MO

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Ralph is playing 3D chess when some are struggling with tic-tac-toe. It's OK if you don't get it.

No idea why you're being so ridiculously inflammatory. I'm not pushing any "agenda" as you hilariously tried to claim, I literally said Mittelstadt's line had a good game (here and in the GBU).

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
No idea why you're being so ridiculously inflammatory. I'm not pushing any "agenda" as you hilariously tried to claim, I literally said Mittelstadt's line had a good game (here and in the GBU).

I just think with a shutout possibility and you have four lines trusting those guys to help shut it down isn't just because it was their "turn". We know Ralph will shorten a bench so I have to believe showing confidence in Mitts goes a long way. The shootout goal, and this solid game, hopefully helps launch Mitts into the good every game.

Reactions: sabresEH

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean mayne I once again boxed y'all in to win this one. i told y'all Oloffson and his family was gon score and he also got the game winner. Hutton with the shutout and win again, (he almost never loses) and his like 25 last starts he has won 16 of them for the sabres. That's hard right thurr like chingy back in his day. Oloffson and y'all is twerkin it big tyme now baby. This season yours like I told y'all earlier. Invest, live it and love it. See y'all! And Oloffson!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Watched the game via on demand function. Convincing win.

Neither the Stars nor the Sabres look anything like they did at the end of last season. Dallas made a big investment in more talent but there appears to be little cohesiveness in that team right now.

Sabres on the other hand look almost machine like in terms of their defensive play which is leading to dominance at the offensive end. A number of players seem to have a whole lot more confidence in what they are doing on the ice.

The swagger of the players coming out of the dressing room to start the next period is very revealing.

I'm starting to get antsy to see how they fare against the Tampa's, Boston's, Caps, NYI's and yes, the Leafs of the league. We will know by mid Dec how good this team actually is....

However, west coast road trip comes first....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad