Post-Game Talk: Sabres 3, Penguins 1 - Deja Vu All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We are an awful ******* hockey team. Awful mix. Awful D. Awful coaching. Awful management. Depressing.

(L2 was pretty good. Geno with two 'too cute' moments but otherwise re-energized exactly as advertised . . . the rest of them ranged from me in a few cases to sucking in most cases)

EDIT: @ColePens nailed it. This was the Islanders series continued.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
tenor.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Big Friggin Dummy's guide to fixing this team after one (1) game of the season;

Dump JJ. Dump Gudbranson. Find a competent bottom pairing guy to play with either Marino or Riikola full-time. After that's done, explore yet another change of direction for your 3C.

Again, because it's good.

EF_QUQuW4AExYc5

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Let’s see how they respond. Both Riikola and Marino are probably better 5 on 5 skaters than JJ and Guds, at least JJ but Letang was way below average and that was a bigger deal than anything. I expect things to still normalize, even if they won’t be ideal for a while/ever.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Nice watching them play hot potato in the defensive zone. I had missed that since last season ended. Which is to say that absolutely f***ing nothing has changed.

Why did we give Sullivan an extension again?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This team literally looked like a limp dick today. Yikes.

Tanev was really good though. Galchenyuk looked good at first but I progressively started to notice him less and less. Malkin was good too.

We can win with this Geno. We can win with this L2. I assume Sid and Jake will be better. The rest of them up front do nothing for me. And that defense . . . man, it's the creation of a dinosaur for the way the game was played 20 years ago.

P.S.: Letang is so ******* dumb, and there's zero reason why JMFJ and Guds are playing over Riikola and Marino.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Big Friggin Dummy's guide to fixing this team after one (1) game of the season;

Dump JJ. Dump Gudbranson. Find a competent bottom pairing guy to play with either Marino or Riikola full-time. After that's done, explore yet another change of direction for your 3C.

Again, because it's good.

EF_QUQuW4AExYc5

I honestly don't even know if this would change much. This team is more than just better puck movers on defense away from getting back to contender levels it seems.

Reactions: Angrrus

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
For an organization that spoke about how emabrassed they were with how the season ended last year, I would have expected a much better effort tonight. Pretty listless all around aside from Geno and Tanev. Looked like a team that is satisfied with how the organization has been doing recently. The talent isn't going to get them very far if they are getting pushed off the puck with ease in the battle areas, and their D can't make a clean breakout to save their lives.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad