Confirmed with Link: Sabres' 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule - Home Opener Against Boston

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
They're always on a road trip around my birthday. :(

At least you have a chance to attend a Sabres home game on or around your birthday. Unfortunately for me - at least in this case - my birthday is August 15. (I'm glad its August 15 though - its the same birthdate as one of my favorite Sabres - Marty Biron and of course #15 is Jack Eichel number.) Will never be a Sabres game on that date.

To see a Buffalo team play on my birthday would be either have to be a Bills pre-season home game - which I will never attend anyway unless tickets were free - or a Bisons regular-season home game - which I have attended in the past. Its been a few times with the last one around 5 years ago. Lately the Bisons have been on the road on August 15 or the homestand ends the day before or a homestand starts the day after August 15. So I've been celebrating my birthday at a Bisons game on the wrong date - sigh.

This year the Bisons end a homestand on August 12 and start their final homestand on August 21. My birthday game will probably be August 21 as they are hosting the Wilkes-Barrie RailRaiders and since I'm a Yankees fan (and the RailRiders are the farm club of the Yankees) I'll probably attend that one and cheer on the RailRiders.

Last edited:

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
At least you have a chance - they will never play on mine and Marty Birons birthday - August 15.

It's right in the heart of the season, late January. Yet they're usually either on a west coast trip or returning from one. Though one year, I did get to see the Kings come here and get destroyed 10-1 close to my actual birthday.

Reactions: LaxSabre

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's right in the heart of the season, late January. Yet they're usually either on a west coast trip or returning from one. Though one year, I did get to see the Kings come here and get destroyed 10-1 close to my actual birthday.

Man I remember that game. TWO hat tricks!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Your 2018-19 NHL on NBC TV schedule

Tues., Nov. 13Tampa BayBuffaloNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Wed., Nov. 21PhiladelphiaBuffaloNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., Dec. 4TorontoBuffaloNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Fri., Dec. 21BuffaloWashingtonNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., Feb. 26BuffaloPhiladelphiaNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
No Sabres/Bills conflicts from what I can see :)D). Three Sabres/Bills doubleheaders, though:

10/21: Bills@Colts 1PM, Sabres@Ducks 8PM
11/4: Bears@Bills 1PM, Sabres@Rangers 7PM
12/16: Lions@Bills 1PM, Sabres@Bruins 5PM
oh man those days are gonna be brutal even if I don't drink much... if I do it's seriously gonna be torturous, I can see myself easily slipping into multiple fugues depending on how our teams perform

actually, that sounds kind of fun. Still brutal tho

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
When is training camp?

It starts a couple of days after the prospects challenge ends. This year the challenge runs Friday, September 7 through Monday, September 10 with no games being played on Sunday, September 9. So expect training camp to start on Wednesday, September 12 or Thursday, September 13. Training camp will end with the Sabres final pre-season game on Friday, September 28 with a game in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada vs the New York Islanders.

Reactions: jBuds

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
It starts a couple of days after the prospects tourney ends. This year the prospects tourney runs Friday, September 7 through Monday, September 10 with no games being played on Sunday, September 9. So expect training camp to start on Wednesday, September 12 or Thursday, September 13.
Thanks

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Boston is in Washington for the Caps opener the night before.

Could cut either way. Boston might be coming to Buffalo tired from travel and facing the reigning champs, or that game could get them fired up and dialed in. Either way, we'll certainly be facing their backup goalie, so even if we lose, hopefully our offense can start on a strong note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->