GDT: Sabres (19pts) @ Blues (42pts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I feel so bad for Schwartzy. He was starting to establish himself as an elite talent and bad luck strikes again. I don't necessarily agree that Vladi needs to put the team on his shoulders but if there is ever a time for him to come out of his goal scoring funk it is right now. He has been playing well and getting chances, just needs to find the back of the net.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Steen -Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Thompson
Barbashev-Berglund-Jaskin

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Steen -Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Thompson
Barbashev-Berglund-Jaskin
Jaskin's been great on the 4th line so I would hesitate to move him up. Hope one of the other guys can at least be serviceable in the 3RW role (which so far hasn't really been the case)

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The way I see it, you have Tarasenko and Steen who have the heavy shots and are the biggest scoring threat. I've always preferred to spread it out than load up one line.

Jaskin has no place on the top line. Steen needs to be kept on the left side. that's my opinion.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Jaskin has no place on the top line. Steen needs to be kept on the left side. that's my opinion.
Statistically speaking, while the sample size is extremely small, Tarasenko produces best with Jaskin.

When you also consider we have 2 top nine forwards out, one was in the minors and another depth player injured, Jaskin is really all we got. Loading up on one line won't work unless the trio is Schwartz, Schenn and Tarasenko because they work so well together. Steen has looked like dog shit and is not nearly as good as Schwartz.

Lastly, we ice Thorburn who belongs nowhere near a roster spot, a spot in the lineup, so why not put Jaskin on the top line?

As for the Steen on RW thing, they could swap him with Sobotka but choose not to.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Statistically speaking, while the sample size is extremely small, Tarasenko produces best with Jaskin.

When you also consider we have 2 top nine forwards out, one was in the minors and another depth player injured, Jaskin is really all we got. Loading up on one line won't work unless the trio is Schwartz, Schenn and Tarasenko because they work so well together. Steen has looked like dog **** and is not nearly as good as Schwartz.

Lastly, we ice Thorburn who belongs nowhere near a roster spot, a spot in the lineup, so why not put Jaskin on the top line?

As for the Steen on RW thing, they could swap him with Sobotka but choose not to.

Are you Majorityof1's long lost cousin?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Jaskin's been great on the 4th line so I would hesitate to move him up. Hope one of the other guys can at least be serviceable in the 3RW role (which so far hasn't really been the case)

Hasn’t Jaskin been playing on the 3rd line?

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Hasn’t Jaskin been playing on the 3rd line?
When Thorburn is scratched he's been playing 4th line. Other times he's been bounced between lines, mostly seeing 3rd line time but sometimes 2 or even 1. I don't know the stats behind it but seems he's been more productive with Upshall and Brodziak

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I think we have to run
Sobotka - Schenn - Frank
Steen - Stas - BergDawg
Who cares- who cares - who cares
Upshall - Brodz - Jaskin

Might as well just revert that 3rd line to what it use to be at the beginning of the year. This Schwartz injury is a serious kick in the nads.

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
I think we have to run
Sobotka - Schenn - Frank
Steen - Stas - BergDawg
Who cares- who cares - who cares
Upshall - Brodz - Jaskin

Might as well just revert that 3rd line to what it use to be at the beginning of the year. This Schwartz injury is a serious kick in the nads.

Completely agree. 4th line will get some more minutes now, deservingly, so hopefully it’s Jaskin and not Thorburn. I’d even try out a kid line of Blais-Barby-Thompson for a game. Just see what it looks like. They’d be more of a 4th line anyway.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Completely agree. 4th line will get some more minutes now, deservingly, so hopefully it’s Jaskin and not Thorburn. I’d even try out a kid line of Blais-Barby-Thompson for a game. Just see what it looks like. They’d be more of a 4th line anyway.

Wouldn't hate the kids line idea for a game like this with 17 and 27 out against a very mediocre team. I'd just much rather keep Paajarvi Sundqvist and Thorburn as limited as possible, although I do think that Paajarvi And Sundy are decent enough defensively to not hurt us.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
All the best tonight against the awful Sabres and also wish speedy recovery for Schwartz

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
Wouldn't hate the kids line idea for a game like this with 17 and 27 out against a very mediocre team. I'd just much rather keep Paajarvi Sundqvist and Thorburn as limited as possible, although I do think that Paajarvi And Sundy are decent enough defensively to not hurt us.

Yeah Paajarvi and Sundqvist do their job so a “kid line” wouldn’t happen until after this tough stretch of games. All around tough situation. Here’s where the Blues need one of those dominant stretches from Berglund. He’s good for one mammoth 10 game stretch a year.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Barb has played reasonably well with Tank in the past, so I am going to make a couple of changes.

Steen, Stas, Schenn
Tank, Barb, Sobi
MSP, Berglund, sundstrom
Usual.

That really looks rough. But Barb players best at center, I like Berglund at center also. Why not move Schenn to RW and play him with Stas to see what they look like together.

On a side note, any update on Sanford???

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Bouwmeester was being held back by Pietrangelo. He'll unlock his true offensive potential playing alongside Bortuzzo.

Reactions: BleedBlue14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad