Injury Report: Sabres '18-19 Injuries: Bogosian, Pilut, UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES RECALL NELSON

BUFFALO, N.Y. (February 17, 2019) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced defenseman Casey Nelson has completed his conditioning assignment and has been recalled from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
Nelson (6’1”, 185 lbs., 7/18/1992) returns to the Sabres after completing a five-game stint with the Amerks, during which he recorded one assist and eight shots on goal. Before suffering an upper-body injury, Nelson registered five points (1+4) and a plus-6 rating in 22 games for Buffalo this season.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I feel the same. I was sick to my stomach watching him get knocked loopy by that punch.
The slow motion way that that entire scene played out in real time was a pretty fair metaphor for the year as a whole.

I knew what was going to happen before thegloves came off. Was waiting for someone else to take the fight for him.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The slow motion way that that entire scene played out in real time was a pretty fair metaphor for the year as a whole.

I knew what was going to happen before thegloves came off. Was waiting for someone else to take the fight for him.

I'm a known advocate of fighting and physical hockey but as you mentioned some moments just make you sick to see and this was one of them.

Reactions: jBuds

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Not a smart move on Okposo's part to be fighting, given his concussion history.

Knocked silly by a guy who's listed at 5'11" and 180 lbs. Not exactly a heavyweight.

Not a great moment in Sabres history here.....

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Not a smart move on Okposo's part to be fighting, given his concussion history.

Knocked silly by a guy who's listed at 5'11" and 180 lbs. Not exactly a heavyweight.

Not a great moment in Sabres history here.....
In Sabres history? it will only be remembered if we get out of the deal.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
In Sabres history? it will only be remembered if we get out of the deal.
I hesitate to agree, because I wish the man the best of health with his life.

But if he can be healthy but not continue his career, and we get out of the contract, yes, it ends up being helpful to the organization.

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
This is sad on many levels.. The team allowed this to happen like a slow motion crash ..maybe nothing to prevent but no consequences. I also saw that Eichel switched to the tinted concusion light sensitive visor that Tyler Ennis wore post concusion.. Any confirmation?
Not official...

But yes... Eichel was concussed.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Not official...

But yes... Eichel was concussed.
Wow that totally sucks.. He was playing so well .. so tough ...before Boston? Thanks for the response..do you know if its his first.. ?

There may be some hope in diet , ( read he already does anti inflam.. diet ) ..water to sleeping w wifi off in home.( helps tinitus) .. etc .We have witnessed this phenomenon in college womens sport with my wife (both of us were rarely concussed and recovered better than later generations..) There are distinct changes in human condition since 1979 til now .. I dont have interest here to post but have many interrelated ideas and theories ( electromag wifi proliferation to gmo to preservative and pesticides use etc etc..) as to sharp rise in these problems and some successes in application.. Basing on improving viscosity of fluid surrounding brain to absorb normal shocks that could be depleted, somehow) .. probably deficient from womb to puberty but hopefully reversable..

Some range of published ideas..

Starve a fever, feed a concussion: Speedy feeding offers hope of better healing

https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/2016/SeneffToronto.pdf

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Didn’t know where to put this. Just wanted to chime in as a long time KO fan. Been following his career since his Minnesota days in ‘06. He WAS an Iginla-lite during his NYI tenure. He had two concussions, the most prominent was a cheap shot a few years ago in preseason by Phaneuf. He was a perennial 50-65 pt player, played his ass off in the post season. And he won all 3 of his fights, one handedly in the playoffs v. Matt Niskanen and the Pens; he beat the shit out of MN, alas.

Since the injuries, he hasn’t been the same; had the neurological episode last season. In that vein, it wasn’t the most prudent decision to fight. But again, when he did as an Islander he chose them wisely; as he won handedly.

He’s not worth anywhere close to 7 mil. But if he can provide his work ethic, some intangibles, character, and the occasional snipe (he still has that snap shot); hopefully he’ll be appreciated in Sabre Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->