Injury Report: Sabres '18-19 Injuries: Bogosian, Pilut, UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Huge to get Jake back in the fold. Wonder if he pushes Guhle back to Rochester. Once Pilut/Beau return who gets that 6th spot? Hunwick, Pilut or Beau? Good problems to have if Defense gets healthy.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
With Ullmark missing practice today, has there been any word on his situation? Is it just a maintenance day or is he nursing an injury?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
With Ullmark missing practice today, has there been any word on his situation? Is it just a maintenance day or is he nursing an injury?

Housley: McCabe, Pilut, could return to Sabres' lineup this weekend

L4JfEBm4

By Lance Lysowski

The Buffalo Sabres' defense could be closer to full strength when they return to Washington for a Friday primetime matchup against the Capitals in Capital One Arena.

Jake McCabe and Lawrence Pilut, both on injured reserve, could return to the lineup either Friday against the Capitals or Saturday when the Sabres host the Anaheim Ducks in KeyBank Center, coach Phil Housley told reporters Tuesday morning.

McCabe, who has missed the past eight games with an upper-body injury, joined the Sabres for Tuesday's morning skate and has participated in on-ice workouts with Dennis Miller, the Sabres' rehab and development coach, for eight of the past nine days. Pilut, meanwhile, has missed the past two games with a lower-body injury but did not skate with the team Tuesday.

Additionally, defenseman Nathan Beaulieu, who was injured in the second period of a 4-3 shootout loss in Washington Saturday, remains day-to-day with a lower-body injury, and Casey Nelson has yet to resume skating with the team. Winger Scott Wilson has yet to rejoin the team since breaking his ankle before the season opener but is expected to resume practicing soon.

"It’s good to see," Housley said Tuesday. "A lot of guys are starting to get close. Good to have Jake back in our pregame skate. It’s going to be good to get him back in some live practices."

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Huge to get Jake back in the fold. Wonder if he pushes Guhle back to Rochester. Once Pilut/Beau return who gets that 6th spot? Hunwick, Pilut or Beau? Good problems to have if Defense gets healthy.
7 out of 8 points with four of our top eight defensemen on the shelf feels pretty damn good. I would like to think that Pilut goes right back next to Risto, but everyone has to play and he's the only one who can be sent down without waivers (not that Hunwick would get taken, mind you...Beaulieu might).

Reactions: SabresSharks

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm worried it will be Bailey, who's been scoring better than those two over the last 10 games or so.

It will be interesting if Poms wobbly exit means the need for a middle sixer plus Berglund’s departure meaning they could also use an effective 4th liner. Elie isn’t it, so perhaps it is Bailey and Smith/Nylander.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It will be interesting if Poms wobbly exit means the need for a middle sixer plus Berglund’s departure meaning they could also use an effective 4th liner. Elie isn’t it, so perhaps it is Bailey and Smith/Nylander.
If they were going off the board for an energy/grinder, I'd consider Malone. But they have plenty of that already. I really want to see Nylander with Mittelstadt. I think that could get depth scoring going.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad