Injury Report: Sabres '18-19 Injuries: Bogosian, Pilut, UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Didn't Mccabe play in the ottawa game?
Yes. As I noted yesterday he had a giveaway that led directly to a goal and nearly combined with Risto to give up another. I have seen him play some quite good games this year though.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
still could see a Pilut call up to replace him on W and F games and send Tage down (in paper only) for those games,

They could 7 day IR him then not have to move Tage.

Dream on re: a Pilut call-up. Tennyson is the first in line for an injury replacement.

I think they want Pilut to be called up once and only once - for a permanent gig. And they’ll wait as long ass possible, with the chemistry and success of the Amerks D.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Dream on re: a Pilut call-up. Tennyson is the first in line for an injury replacement.

I think they want Pilut to be called up once and only once - for a permanent gig. And they’ll wait as long ass possible, with the chemistry and success of the Amerks D.

If there's a serious, long-term injury (think months), then I could easily see a Pilut call-up. But I think you're absolutely right in that for a week-long, couple-game injury thing, it'd likely be Tennyson first. Maybe Guhle.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres finally get good news on offseason acquisition Matt...

Hunwick is skating and working out on his own
“Matt is doing better and better,” Hunwick’s agent, Peter Fish, said Wednesday. “If all goes well, Matt might be able to play games sometime after Christmas. Fingers crossed.”

Buffalo is also getting good news about injured Scott Wilson. The forward underwent ankle surgery following a training-camp injury Sept. 30, and he was set to be out eight to 10 weeks. This weekend will be the eight-week mark.
“He’s almost going to be skating here pretty soon,” coach Phil Housley said. “He’s made some great progress in his injury. He’s doing a lot of things, weight-bearing things on his feet, so it’s good to see he’s moving in the right direction.”

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Both Scandella and Berglund were out, but Pilut didn't play? Why'd they call him up? They had Nelson and blow you already. Was it in case another D got hurt tonight?

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011

So what's the next hot tip? Or are you saying Pilut is really here to stay?

Reactions: jcbeze

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Both Scandella and Berglund were out, but Pilut didn't play? Why'd they call him up? They had Nelson and blow you already. Was it in case another D got hurt tonight?
My guess is that they wanted to have a 7th D in case of last minute injury or sickness to any of the starting 6. Hopefully they give him a start on Friday

Reactions: Buffaloed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad