Injury Report: Sabres '18-19 Injuries: Bogosian, Pilut, UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
The only way Bogosian will be in the top 4 this season is if we're talking about the number of games lost to injury.

Can't believe Botts thought relying on him again was a good idea.
Also tough to buy out a guy who's consistently injured. He will be off this team soon enough. Botterill inherited him, he will fix the issue.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Simple question but I'm sure someone more savvy than me can answer it...if the season starts and malone is still on the shelf having been with the sabres at the time is there any roster implications?

CapFriendly gives this breakdown:
What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?

If a player who is on a two-way contract becomes disabled during training-camp or who reports to training-camp disabled as the result of a hockey related injury incurred during the off-season, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit

Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit

Players on a two-way contract, who accrued 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL days in the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

When a player is reactivated to the active roster, their cap hit reverts back to the full rate

Full cap relief

Players who are on a two-way contract, who did not accrue any NHL games in the previous season, can be placed on SOIR and do not count against their teams cap hit.

Basically, Malone won't cost anything on the cap because he didn't play an NHL game last year, but even if he did (for instance if it was Justin Bailey who played a handful of games), it wouldn't be much, since rookie contracts are of course cheap to begin with.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Also tough to buy out a guy who's consistently injured. He will be off this team soon enough. Botterill inherited him, he will fix the issue.

There's limited options on a "solution" to Bogo, but basically waiting till his contract ends, while giving lip service to him being healthy and a player that can help the team isn't really any type of example of Botterill fixing the issue. It's literally the least he can do.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
There's limited options on a "solution" to Bogo, but basically waiting till his contract ends, while giving lip service to him being healthy and a player that can help the team isn't really any type of example of Botterill fixing the issue. It's literally the least he can do.

The tough part is that we don't even know if he was healthy enough to get waived and then bought out this summer.

And who in their right mind would trade for him right now unless the Sabres paid a mint for someone to take his contract off their hands?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Every single year I say we have to move on from Bogosian. Anyone relying on him to do anything is insane and his presence here allows GMs to play the “well, if...” game. “Well, if...” is how you get Tennyson making the team last year out of camp and Pilut missing out on development minutes to sit in a press box this year because “well, if...” is the rallying cry of a loser.

Zach Bogosian has never even been a good hockey player. Spare me your ten game sample size on a team with nothing to play for where he hit a few people before breaking for the dozenth time. Zach Bogosian has never even been a good hockey player. This continued joke of keeping him around is maddening. He isn’t even worth this trouble if he was ever healthy...which he won’t be...because he’s Zach Bogosian.

And I don’t want to hear about the cost of a buyout. The cost of “well, if...” has been much higher. For years. And counting.

And I don’t want to hear about the cost of Moulsoning him for the same reason. You should have an nhl caliber d man in his place by year f***ing 4 of this disaster. How many years and how many GMs is he going to fool?

Cut your incredible insurmountable losses.

The day he declared he was 100% was the day he should have been sent home to sit and wait for his contract to run out. Because it’s like Haley’s comet. It only comes around once in a f***ing lifetime.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No one is relying on Bogosian. He's just still on the roster.

When Pilut is sitting in the press box to start the season and everyone is asking why when it’s the worst spot for his development...it’s the same answer as why Tennyson was in the lineup to start another disaster of a year last year. And the same answer as to why we watched two non nhl caliber d in Falk and Fedun for the last couple years.

Because maybe Bogosian will be healthy.

Enough.

The moment he is cleared to return is the moment he should be sent home to await his healthy buyout after the season.

No more “well, if...”

Never again.

I say this every year. Every single one. And I keep getting the same responses. And then the next year it happens again.

See you guys back in this thread to start 2019!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
When Pilut is sitting in the press box to start the season and everyone is asking why when it’s the worst spot for his development...it’s the same answer as why Tennyson was in the lineup to start another disaster of a year last year. And the same answer as to why we watched two non nhl caliber d in Falk and Fedun for the last couple years.

Because maybe Bogosian will be healthy.

Enough.

The moment he is cleared to return is the moment he should be sent home to await his healthy buyout after the season.

No more “well, if...”

Never again.
Why would Pilut be in the press box? This doesn't make any sense. As to the rest, you have no idea if Bogosian's presence factored into any non-moves.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Can somebody, at some point, please just ask the coach what is up with Eichel/Risto etc, to verify they're ready for Thursday, and get an update on if Sheary will be? It's ludicrous how little information is out there.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Larsson, Eichel and Risto are still day to day ? will any of them make opening day roster ?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Larsson, Eichel and Risto are still day to day ? will any of them make opening day roster ?
Didn't they say holding Eichel and Risto out was 'precautionary'? I wouldn't think they're questionable based on that.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Figured. I thought the rest day for perfectly game. Preseason has too many games.

"Eich is back. Risto is back. Sheary is back. Bogosian not on the ice based on the lines."

Bogosian and Larsson aren't.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Unfortunate it happened but thank God it wasnt Jack like 2 years ago. Luckily we have the depth up front.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Guhle injured a finger on his left hand in the first preseason game and still has it splinted--showed us today at the luncheon. No wonder his shot seemed to lack velocity. Practiced with Dahlin today as D partner....

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I feel for bogo I think he could be a decent defender if his body didn’t let him down. Class act but at this point he is just going to play not to get injured which in the end is inevitable. It’s amazing in this day that an athlete like himself can be so fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad