Saad

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
His inability to finish is becoming more apparent but Q loves him, so it likely won't affect his ice time much - though Shaw seems to be getting more PP time these days.

Too early to be certain but he's showing signs that he is on his way to a sophomore slump?

Nothingman*

Q changes lines up so sometime with Hoss and Toews....others with Bickell and Shaw. But mostly top 2 line minutes.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He is a solid puck possession player, and can dangle to get around opponents, but lacks some finishing touches. He is still young and raw I think, so i'm not expecting him to light the league on fire for another year or 2.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
His inability to finish is becoming more apparent but Q loves him, so it likely won't affect his ice time much - though Shaw seems to be getting more PP time these days.

Too early to be certain but he's showing signs that he is on his way to a sophomore slump?

Saad is on pace for 49 pts with varying degrees of icetime

Hardly what I would call a sophomore slump

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Saad is on pace for 49 pts with varying degrees of icetime

Hardly what I would call a sophomore slump

If you want to use strictly stats I suppose, but I'm basing that on what I have observed on the ice. He has trouble finishing, otherwise he'd be closer to being on pace for 82 points with all the chances he has had. As I said: it's early yet... sometimes I think Q is asking too much from a guy so young. I'd hate to see him lose confidence as a result. Good to see some optimism from you though.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Gotta agree, I had a sneaking suspicion that he'd suffer a sophomore slump this year considering that's normal + coming off the Cup win. Hope I'm wrong.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Saad is playing fine. He's creating, playing D and good in playing puck possession. Exactly the player fans love to have on their team.

He'll score soon enough just like every player. I'd start to worry when he wouldn't even have the chances to score

LandofLincoln*

Thoughts on his play so far? Very consistent play. I would say the first seven games of the season Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp were chasing him.

He started off hot but the points haven't been coming lately... Big deal. No concern for me. I don't believe in the Sophomore slump thing with his style of play. He is effective even if not scoring.

He is still getting some quality minutes though. Yes. I think he continues to get over 17 minutes a game even if he stays on the 3rd line for considerable time.

Who is he playing with at the moment? He has been bouncing and Q has juggled him. He could play with Morin on the third line and that is where I am guessing he plays the next few games.

Any pp time? I think he should be on the PK unit. Now that Morin has been recalled Morin should get time on the PP.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Always plays with a lot of hustle and a lot of "wow" factor. He makes passes and little plays that just blow my mind sometimes. Love the kid.

My biggest complaint with him, though, is that he seems to be going back to his old tendencies of refusing to shoot the puck unless he's 1-on-1 with the goalie. If he can fix that and put the puck on net more often, I think he'll be good for 50-60 points yearly.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Always plays with a lot of hustle and a lot of "wow" factor. He makes passes and little plays that just blow my mind sometimes. Love the kid.

My biggest complaint with him, though, is that he seems to be going back to his old tendencies of refusing to shoot the puck unless he's 1-on-1 with the goalie. If he can fix that and put the puck on net more often, I think he'll be good for 50-60 points yearly.

He's got to start shooting. He's had at least 4 3 on 2's in the past 3 games where he got the puck on his stick with a clear lane to the net and tried to make the fancy pass. He's got a good shot, but he so rarely loses it. Hopefully once he scores his first with 19-81 he'll start shooting

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If you want to use strictly stats I suppose, but I'm basing that on what I have observed on the ice. He has trouble finishing, otherwise he'd be closer to being on pace for 82 points with all the chances he has had. As I said: it's early yet... sometimes I think Q is asking too much from a guy so young. I'd hate to see him lose confidence as a result. Good to see some optimism from you though.

Very logical thought for young players like him, but I think he's above that, for lack of a better term. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but just how he gathers himself in interviews and how well-rounded his game is at such a young age overall I think he has the maturity to get over that and not let it affect his confidence. I very well may be wrong, he is a young kid still, after all. But I just get that feeling and impression with him that it wouldn't affect him like that.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Konryod called him a "true power forward" in the post game.

Wouldn't go that far but this kid is playing some great hockey. Even when he wasn't on the score sheet these past few games he's been looking great. If he isn't Bowman's best draft pick I don't know who is. Saad in the 2nd round is just a ridiculous steal

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Dirty dirty moves tonight. Love this kid. What a freaking ridiculous pick at 43.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Crazy to think not only did a lot of other teams pass on him but the Hawks themselves selected 3 players ahead of him :laugh:

2011 just looks like awesome draft

yea, series of fortunate events led him to fall right into the hawks' lap. Wonder if he would have rather been selected top 10 and gotten paid over what actually happened.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
yea, series of fortunate events led him to fall right into the hawks' lap. Wonder if he would have rather been selected top 10 and gotten paid over what actually happened.

Probably happy to have cup and role on team like Hawks

+ He knows that Bowman is his GM ,, He is gonna get paid soon enough when his contract is expired

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if Kyle Beach looks at Saad and understands that it could have been him that was there, making millions.

Also I think we should lie about players in any thread created for hockey pool purposes like this one. SAAD SUCKS FOURTH LINE FOREVER.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Crazy to think not only did a lot of other teams pass on him but the Hawks themselves selected 3 players ahead of him :laugh:

2011 just looks like awesome draft

I've told this story I dunno how many times but my heart sunk every single pick that year before Saad. I didn't think he'd still be on the board when we grabbed McNeil.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
I wonder if Kyle Beach looks at Saad and understands that it could have been him that was there, making millions.

Also I think we should lie about players in any thread created for hockey pool purposes like this one. SAAD SUCKS FOURTH LINE FOREVER.

Beach could have never been in Saad's spot, the difference in talent levels between the two is pretty large.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->