Saad vs Miller vs Biggs vs Jenner

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
All these players seem to have similarities from what I read. Players who are in the mold of a power forward and have plenty of grit, but all have many who are worried their offensive potential may not be top 6, thus they they are ranked 15-35 on most lists.

Which of these guys would you say has the top offensive potential? Who is most likely to reach it?

Which of these guys would you say that even if they don't end up with good offensive potential, has the best potential to be the best player in terms of grittiness, hard work, toughness, and all the intangibles needed, like a bottom 6 warrior in the playoffs?

Thanks

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love JT Miller. Every shift he brings 110% and plays a fantastic 2-way game. Also is one of the best skaters in this year's draft. Only question is his offensive game. If he had more hockey sense in the attacking zone he would clearly be a top 15 prospect for sure. He has the potential to be great, but now he needs to work on it.

His game reminds me of a Kesler/Ryan O'Reilly combo and I can see a team take a risk on him after the top 10.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If I had to guess out of those four I'd think that Jenner is the most likely to reach his upside. He could be quite a talented NHLer if he does.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
Biggs will probably be a team captain in the NHL. Miller is tough to get a read on because he's inconsistent and doesn't bring his A game every night. Jenner's OHL production will improve, but while most people like him better than his teammate Lucas Lessio, I think Lessio has more upside.

Saad isn't a power forward and his upside is the highest of the group. His problem has been inconsistent ice time and questionable coaching decisions. Early on this past season, Saad was producing like crazy despite getting no PP time. Watson is old school, and he refused to give Saad 1st line minutes because Saad was a rookie. Watson's ultimate solution was to acquire McFarland to play on the Saad-Trocheck line, and we all know what kind of effect McFarland can have. Saad and Trocheck were a lot more effective with Sgarbossa on their line than with McFarland. So it's tough to get a good read on Saad's upside if this is the only season you've seen him play. Those of us who saw him play last year saw that dominant player who was obviously deserving of top-five status.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I like Miller the most. Jenner's skating scares me. But we've seen skaters like that make the NHL no problem, so we'll see. He reminds me of Ryan O'Reilly.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Granted I am no pro scout but I have them ranked:

Miller (top 15)

Biggs (20-25 range)
Jenner (20-25 range)

Saad (1st-2nd round tweener, his upside is definitely top-15 though, tough player to gauge)

So obviously I am a huge Miller fan - reminds me so much of Kesler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad