S.I. fan rankings

Jan 19, 2006
An excellent read. The author is either a fan or did his research (poor guy might have been forced to read this forum for a week :laugh: )

Thanks for sharing.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Article hit many of the issues we STH's face. The "tickets for trash" portion of the article really hit home! It's very frustrating to pay for season tickets and see people - usually wearing the jersey of the visiting teams - sitting in adjacent seats and finding out they paid less than half of what we paid!

I often wonder why have season seats? Please give me a reason or reasons why as my renewal package will be here any day now.

Jan 19, 2006
Article hit many of the issues we STH's face. The "tickets for trash" portion of the article really hit home! It's very frustrating to pay for season tickets and see people - usually wearing the jersey of the visiting teams - sitting in adjacent seats and finding out they paid less than half of what we paid!

I often wonder why have season seats? Please give me a reason or reasons why as my renewal package will be here any day now.

Seconded.

Thanks to the Panthers, being a Panthers STHer is about as cool as being a member of the Justin Bieber fan club.

It's not something you announce in public without the sense that people will think there is something terribly wrong with you.

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
Just out of curiosity, who do you all think will be the five teams below us in the rankings? I'd go with:

5. Calgary
4. Phoenix
3. Edmonton
2. Buffalo
1. NYI

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
the only team that could possibly be below us is edmonton. we should be ranked either 1 or 2!!!!!!
GGGGOOOOO PPPPPAAAANNNNTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!:handclap::nod::yo::laugh:

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Desperate for talent, Florida has rushed many of its top picks — Aleksander Barkov, Jonathan Huberdeau, Erik Gudbranson, Nick Bjugstad — into the lineup.

Were these guys rushed?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This was one of the better articles about us that I've read over the last few years. The writer was spot on about how it feels to be a SSO or diehard long-term fan of this team. It can't get more depressing than reading the truth of this, but we can only hope that the "Better Days Ahead?" section works out in the end.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
This was incredibly well written. It was hard to read the whole Rick Dudley debacle with the 2002-2003 drafts. Insanely bad drafts have destroyed this franchise for 20 years and its amazing to think that Barkov is probably the best draft pick we have ever had (not saying much though i like him a lot) and you can really go all the way back starting with Rob Neidermeyer and see how we either picked the wrong players or were cursed with extremely high picks in weak drafts. Never a star or superstar player drafted ever. Even with cheap and unstable ownership all these years you have to think if would have had a hit on someone things could have been so different. Just goes to show you how important a gm is tona team and a great scouting department. Very sad.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
I still have the Luongo helmet that the Panthers gave to STH to reward them for renewing their tickets the year that Lou was traded. As I recall, the gift was announced while Lou was still being marketed as the cornerstone of the franchise. Ironically, I seem to recall that mine arrived after the Cats traded Lou to the Nucks.

The article captures a lot of the realities of being a longtime Panther STH. It really sucks btw to sit next to fans from opposing teams who bought their tickets off of stubhub for a fraction of what STH pay for the same seats.

Oh, yes I would a thousand times rather get a Loungo mask than be offered tickets to a has-been concert that the team cannot give away. Class is not a word that describes the Panthers.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Just out of curiosity, who do you all think will be the five teams below us in the rankings? I'd go with:

5. Calgary
4. Phoenix
3. Edmonton
2. Buffalo
1. NYI

Don't discount Toronto as a potential #1. One of the biggest franchises in the league (are they #1 or is that the Rangers?) and yet the longest Cupless drought in the league with a spotty history of even making the playoffs the last 20 years. Gotta think there's a lot of fan misery there.

Rangers' recent playoff runs may have brought them out of the top 5, but they've won 1 Cup in the last 40 years too despite being the league's richest or second-richest team.

Islanders definitely a candidate for #1 given all the problems of that franchise. They had some of the same garbage the Pens had a decade and a half ago, but without the league handing them Sidney Crosby to ensure their survival.

Vancouver's had a lot of frustration. Atlanta fans have to be completely pissed - they put up with a weak franchise for 15 years only to see it yanked out of their hands and given to Winnipeg before seeing any success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad