Post-Game Talk: RZH eats the Devils' brains

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Not sure on Hall, although imo GMs do NOT want to add a player with previous history.

We fantasize about Hall because we know him. That's kind of like how we wanted Hemsky back. What other winger options are there?

I think this might just have to be one of those draft and develop situations. almost all consistently good teams draft and develop a lot of their own talent and do it well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well...I'll let this go because there really isnt anywhere we can take it but when you dig down a little bit the core of the complaining reveals itself.

As I said...my position is that Holland needs some time and if I see what i think is an opportunity it doesnt mean that not acting on it is a fail. Thats the difference between myself and Soundwave.

My point about being positive and closing the book on the past GM's mess influencing opinions on this GM was also dismissed based on the work Holland has done so far in his short 5 months on the job with a cap strapped team.

Anyway...you got your wish...

This last post contradicts itself and again lives on the premise that if Holland doesnt do what the enlightened poster (who apparently according to him strongly understands the cap and also the advanced stats more than the average fan) thinks is right then it means that Holland is failing.

So basically if Holland doesnt do what the poster thinks he should do then there is no reason to feel optimistic.

Speaks for itself really.

I think you're over-extrapolating his argument to an extreme that he has not really expressed, IMO. If you look at the types of language he uses when he criticizes Holland it's distinctly different than the tone and types of words that he uses when he criticizes Chia, for example. The latter may have certainly devolved into rhetoric (but let's be honest, who here hasn't been guilty of expressing negative rhetoric about Chia?), but the way his argument is presented about Holland isn't the same.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think you're over-extrapolating his argument to an extreme that he has not really expressed, IMO. If you look at the types of language he uses when he criticizes Holland it's distinctly different than the tone and types of words that he uses when he criticizes Chia, for example. The latter may have certainly devolved into rhetoric (but let's be honest, who here hasn't been guilty of expressing negative rhetoric about Chia?), but the way his argument is presented about Holland isn't the same.

I am looking exactly at the words in the post....not what was implied.
Sorry man.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I am looking exactly at the words in the post....not what was implied.
Sorry man.

I just simply disagree then. I don't see him being anywhere near as negative about Holland as he was with Chia.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If he really wanted to he probably could've dumped Gagner on the Senators for a mid-pick and signed say Nyquist.

He specifically said they looked at players like Simmonds and Nyquist, the Nyquist bit was a no go because of term, not cap hit. Simmonds they offered the same deal as NJ (1 year) but he choose them over us.

He doesn't want term on players, because he is looking to this summer where the Oilers could spend 7-8 million+ on a winger.

This is actually smart, this is NBA style cap planning which is one reason I gave Holland some rope, he understands the concept of cap term and expiring deals which seems to be lost on some GMs.

This is such a massive assumption and this is part of the reason why I am challenging you as much as I am.

This is simply not based on anything factual. Its is your assumption on what Holland is going to do...so then you run with that assumption and create a false narrative around it.
This time its positive which is refreshing.

The point being there will be plenty of options available to Holland that dont include signing an $8M winger.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I just simply disagree then. I don't see him being anywhere near as negative about Holland as he was with Chia.

Thats not the point though. Its not a comparison of how negative he is (or has been) with each GM.

Its never been about that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Thats not the point though. Its not a comparison of how negative he is (or has been) with each GM.

Its never been about that.

To me it makes a difference. Because it differentiates rhetoric from more constructive criticism.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That's the crux of being a GM, sometimes you have to be ruthless. His chemistry with RNH is not really that great, which I put more on RNH.

I don't give a crap about trading anyone to be honest if it leads to a better player coming back. For Connor/Leon they don't have to worry about that because no one's better than McDavid and there's only like 2 players I might entertain on Draisaitl.

Neal is scoring goals at the best pace of his entire career while RNH has been on the ice and involved in almost every goal he’s scored...seems pretty decent.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I guess I just like playing pretend-lawyer on HF. ;)

Listen...I really appreciate what you are trying to do here.

I am trying to multitask as well and I suck at doing that so its possible that I may be focusing on certain parts of his posts more than other parts and missing some context. :nod:

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Listen...I really appreciate what you are trying to do here.

I am trying to multitask as well and I suck at doing that so its possible that I may be focusing on certain parts of his posts more than other parts and missing some context. :nod:

I just feel like sometimes we can work towards something resembling an agreement, especially since I don't think your opinions are THAT far apart in a general sense in this case.

Reactions: guymez

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
cool, you seem to think the world starts and stops on hf boards. lol. in the real world and especially in hockey circles the sentiment is completely different.
Your imaginary qualifications aside, you said ‘few fans’, you also said ‘few Oil fans’ and finally, ‘a few stray Hall fans’ ... I only asked why you continue to refer incorrectly to a ‘few ... fans’, when they are the majority by far, and you are the tiny ‘few’.

Also if you don’t care about what hfboards thinks why hate post on the Devils site and constantly mention all the Devils fans you know who can’t stand Hall? Or do you know all those Devils fans from your work in ‘ real world hockey circles’? I mean the world doesn’t stop on hfboards, right? Why kill yourself with an agenda, right?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Why? You clearly think you know more than the likes of current and ex pro players like ference, scrivens, klefbom, belanger, kassian etc anyways.

Weird how you claim to know so many high level people in the game but you keep falling back on years old scuttlebut from a bunch of has-beens,

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Weird how you claim to know so many high level people in the game but you keep falling back on years old scuttlebut from a bunch of has-beens,

You miss my point. why would i dish any info to you when you don't even take the word of ference, klef, kassian (hasbeen??), scrivs. Ference and scrivs may be has beens but really.... you think you know more than them??? nhl players who've been in the room with hall. laugable. all you really know about hall is through Chel 18 on your playstation bud. o and your advanced stats.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You miss my point. why would i dish any info to you when you don't even take the word of ference, klef, kassian (hasbeen??), scrivs. Ference and scrivs may be has beens but really.... you think you know more than them??? nhl players who've been in the room with hall. laugable. all you really know about hall is through Chel 18 on your playstation bud. o and your advanced stats.

My point is if you had real info you wouldn't keep going back to the same old and well-trodden quotes from that lot.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
My point is if you had real info you wouldn't keep going back to the same old and well-trodden quotes from that lot.

Ya, doubt the mods are gonna allow me to say what i've heard plus i said i'm not going down that path regarding hall anymore. if it's in an article or news it's fair game though.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Ya, doubt the mods are gonna allow me to say what i've heard plus i said i'm not going down that path regarding hall anymore. if it's in an article or news it's fair game though.

PMs are open bud. Throw in your HockeyDB link while you're at it.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
PMs are open bud. Throw in your HockeyDB link while you're at it.

ya, like i'm gonna trust some random hf poster. plus it really doesn't matter what i tell you, you've shown yourself to defend him no matter what. and i'm not outing my sources even in PM.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
ya, like i'm gonna trust some random hf poster. plus it really doesn't matter what i tell you, you've shown yourself to defend him no matter what. and i'm not outing my sources even in PM.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TB12

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
yet you're the one requesting the info via pm, genius.

I guess I have to spell it out, huh?

The point is you don't trust a "random HF poster" with your precious sources, but you expect the rest of us to trust that you, a random HfF poster, have all these high level sources just happen to share your opinions.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I guess I have to spell it out, huh?

The point is you don't trust a "random HF poster" with your precious sources, but you expect the rest of us to trust that you, a random HfF poster, have all these high level sources just happen to share your opinions.
not telling you to trust my sources... just to have some common sense from all the articles written about hall and things said about him by ex teammates/coaches etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad