Injury Report: Ryan Wilson miss rest of the season

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Well, time to say goodbye. I feel bad for Wilson. The will is/was there, but the body couldn't deliver.

Once his current contract ends, here's the summary: the Avs will have paid Wilson $6.75M for 43 games played, 0 goals, 9 assists.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Poor guy. Always seemed like a nice person, he undeniably had talent and his hits were absolutely glorious. His body just let him down.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I always had a soft spot for Wilson. I just remember when he came out of nowhere from Calgary and was an absolute beast his first years with Colorado. He looked like a Foote/Blake type when he started to find his game that first season. Had a massive open ice hit almost every game I watched. Back in the day.

Had it not been for the injuries he surely had the potential to take over for adam foote.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't get the over-negativity and sarcasm some feel necessary to use at all times in all situations. It's something that just seems so completely overdone in today's society and especially on the internet...but to each their own, eh?

As for the topic at hand, it sucks but I don't think anyone was terribly surprised to see Wilson shut down by injury again. He's had a pretty miserable time injury wise in the NHL but as AB said, he's been pretty well compensated too.

I'll remember the awesome open-ice hits and promise he showed early on with us and wish him the best wherever he's off to next.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
So in the past 3 years, he will only have played in 43 out of a possible 212 games (43%). That equals out to about 156k per game on the 3 year contract he signed in June 2012. The guy's made of glass. Time to move along.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sucks to see him go out like this but I think he'll find a team and be the 7th man there then probably finish in the AHL. All the best to him. Will miss his hits.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
If Brad Malone was able to find an NHL job, I'm sure some team desperate for defence will give Wilson a chance next year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wilson is 27 years old. 4 years older than Duchene, and 5 years older than Landy. His career isn't over. Hopefully he takes the next year to fully recover and get into the best shape he's ever been in. Somebody is going to give him 900k to play next year and he could end up being a steal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wilson is 27 years old. 4 years older than Duchene, and 5 years older than Landy. His career isn't over. Hopefully he takes the next year to fully recover and get into the best shape he's ever been in. Somebody is going to give him 900k to play next year and he could end up being a steal.

He hasn't been healthy for 3 years, he's going to have to prove that he can be somewhere first.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

His hockey career might not be over, but his NHL career may be.

LandoClog

Mar 26, 2012
California
This looks like the type of situation Sakic might offer him... Lets say a 2 year extension. In all honesty I wish him the best. Somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad