Injury Report: Ryan Wilson miss rest of the season

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1m1 minute ago
Roy said Ryan Wilson will have shoulder surgery and will miss the remainder of the season.

Retire at the end of the season? I would have mind to claim Connauton.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Roy said Ryan Wilson will have shoulder surgery and will miss the remainder of the season.

Thats unfortunate. Too bad for him, he had potential to be a top 4 guy at one point, but maybe its time he hang em up.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Good luck to him with his future. Health is more important than hockey and the latter seems to have a heavy impact on the former with Wilson.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It'll probably save Avs $1M or more since I assume his contract is insured. If Roy didn't want to use him, this is probably something he doesn't mind.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
That sucks for him. His best chance to extend his career was probably playing well with us and having another team take notice. It does not seem like his body is made to last in the NHL though.

I have to think that, with Siemens injured, Noreau will get the call. We should bring at least one person up with Stuart out as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He'll probably find himself playing somewhere in Europe next season if the rehab goes well enough for him. Seems like he wants to continue playing rather than hang em up and it's probably easier on his body to play in Europe as well

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Too bad--not a bad guy but a marginal NHL player with a lengthy, lengthy injury history. I hope he gets to enjoy as long a career as he can somewhere else, but he's obviously done in Colorado...and probably the NHL too.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
so many injuries for Wilson , it's bad luck to an insane level. He had the potential to be a top 4 in the NHL , sadly it's something that he wasnt able to achieve with all his injuries . I beleive for the Avs and Wilson that it's time to turn the page and think about other solutions for both side.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think Europe is probably a good option for him, it could extend his career several years.

Indeed, playing 45-50 games a year instead of 80+ and in a less physical league. There is good puck moving guy in there somewhere who could excel well in Europe.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Another one bites the dust. and another 7th d gone another 7th d gone. Another one bites the dust.

He brought some huge hip checks, and well thats about it.. Goodbye sauce.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

We shouldn't just claim any defenseman that hits the waiver wire.

Wish Wilson the best, but can't see him in the NHL next year.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Gotta feel for the guy, he has had some bad injury luck. Although I hope to no longer see him in burgundy and blue, I certainly wish him a speedy recovery and an opportunity to extend his career elsewhere (non-NHL)

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Hope the guy can continue to play somewhere.

That sucks for him. His best chance to extend his career was probably playing well with us and having another team take notice. It does not seem like his body is made to last in the NHL though.

I have to think that, with Siemens injured, Noreau will get the call. We should bring at least one person up with Stuart out as well.

I doubt we see anything happen. We've been rolling with just 6 since Stuart has been out.

With our abundance of forwards I'm guessing we just stay with 7 Dmen when everyone is healthy as well.

Hope I'm wrong. I would really like to see either Noreau or Siemens at some point.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
On ice ability aside, really feel bad for Willy. Always seemed like a great guy, and you could tell his teammates always held him in high regard, as did Roy because he wanted to give him as much of an opportunity as he could.

Hope he can get past this and gets another shot with a younger team. Maybe have to work his way up through the minors again or maybe Europe, but plenty of D men have found a way to stick in the NHL later in their careers.

On the bright side, hello LTIR at least. That might come in handy depending on what kind of moves they have up their sleeve at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->