Ryan Whitney gets no respect around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
I think he's going to be fairly good...but I don't think he's better then Pitkanen right now.

Randall Graves*

Master Shake said:
It is rather silly. Hes better then Bouwmeester by a mile and better then Pitkanen by a nose.
Ok now you're overrating him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I would take Pitkanen over Whitney and I'd be really tempted to take Bouwmeester over Whitney as well. But right now he's looking like he may end up as the 2nd best d-man in a draft class that boasts some pretty strong blueliners (Ballard, Eminger, etc).

Transported Upstater

You had me listening until you said that Ryan Whitney is better than Joni Pitkanen.

After that, I laughed so hard I nearly covered my computer chair with a puddle of bodily fluids.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Master Shake said:
It is rather silly. Hes better then Bouwmeester by a mile and better then Pitkanen by a nose.

No. This is just silly.

Whitney is a great player and I find he is quite underrated around here, but the rest of what you said is not true.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There you go.
In a month, posters will say the "Pens fans" say Whitney is better than Pitkanen.

As for JayB, we'll have to check after the season. Let's keep in mind JayB has shown his ability over the course of a season. Whitney so far as not.
In any case, the guys that said there was a drop off after the 4th pick on draft day seems wrong : Whitney is as good or better than JayB so far (key words being so far), and looks great out there.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Rowsdower said:
He's still not as awesome as Milan Kraft's shot.
The only reason the Kraft is not in the NHL right now is because George W. Bush considers Kraft's shot to be a "weapon of mass destruction" and won't allow him back into the country. Couple that with the fact that Bush doesn't trust Kraft with such tremendous power based on the fact that Kraft has a heavy accent which Bush has stated "sounds pretty terrorist-like to me" and you have yourself quite the "sitiAtion".

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Has Kraft shaved his bear? Would explain the terrorist thingie.
I think we should start a "should Kraft grow a bear thread?"

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Evilo said:
Has Kraft shaved his bear? Would explain the terrorist thingie.
I think we should start a "should Kraft grow a bear thread?"
If you're going to continue to grow bears for the purpose of shaving them I'm calling the Humane Society.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yep Whitney's looking very good and after a few more games should look even better, he looks a little nervous at times to me. I really, really hope that the Pens aren't satisfied with him being very good and work with him to become great because he has a ton of tools. He seems like a great kid and very coachable so the rookie mistakes he's making now need to be addressed for a better player down the road.

Master Shake*

TransportedUpstater said:
You had me listening until you said that Ryan Whitney is better than Joni Pitkanen.

After that, I laughed so hard I nearly covered my computer chair with a puddle of bodily fluids.

In 5 years you will be agreeing with me.

Transported Upstater

Master Shake said:
In 5 years you will be agreeing with me.

Totally irrelevant to my initial post.

You said nothing about the future. You said "is." "Is" is a word which refers to the present.

And right now, Whitney is not in Joni's league.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

You said nothing about the future. You said "is." "Is" is a word which refers to the present.

Wasn't Whitney recently recalled to the NHL? :dunno: :)

All kidding aside, Whitney is good, but Pitakanen is better right now. I have not lost hope on Jay B. yet.

Master Shake*

Whitney is better right now. But I do not expect you to know it yet.

Randall Graves*

Master Shake said:
What?

Whitney is better than a guy averaging a ppg and a plus 18?

Transported Upstater

superroyain10 said:
Wasn't Whitney recently recalled to the NHL? :dunno: :)

All kidding aside, Whitney is good, but Pitakanen is better right now. I have not lost hope on Jay B. yet.

When I said Whitney wasn't in Pitkanen's league, I meant as a player, not what league they are actually playing in :p: :D

Transported Upstater

Master Shake said:

I'm not beating down Whitney. I've been one around here to give him credit.

I guess we just disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad