Ryan White's Future

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I love White, but ever since the start of the year where he took a couple of bad penalties and was benched, the guy is not the same. It's like he's scared to make a mistake instead of just reacting. It's almost like he's been neutered.

This. I wish MT would give him a longer leash.

Will be helpful in the playoffs if he is given the chance to participate

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
I love White, but ever since the start of the year where he took a couple of bad penalties and was benched, the guy is not the same. It's like he's scared to make a mistake instead of just reacting. It's almost like he's been neutered.

Well said my friend it could not have been said better! ...The coach is not a big fan of his game, but mark my word if he goes to another team we will for sure miss him.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I think there's a place for White on the team. He can keep his head above water on the 4th line, and he has a few little things going for him - RH shot, good faceoff skills, can kill penalties. Might as well keep him rather than pay a UFA to play those 10 minutes. Save the cap space to fill holes higher up the lineup.

Habtchum*

Halpern and Armstrong might be gone by next September. White is nothing special. Could be dealt, too. Habs have many options to fill the 4th line.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo

Good simile. I like White as a 4th liner too.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I think White's last two games were his best this season. Probably because of 2 things : 1- he had finally took some time to heal an injury he apparently had since the beginning of the season, and 2 - he was playing on the wing.

I don't expect Halpern to be back, I think Dumont will be given a chance at the 4th line C spot and if it doesn't work out you can usually pick up one of those guy for cheap during the season like we did this year with Halpern.

White will probably fight with Blunden and Armstrong if he's back for the 4th line RW spot.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
In his last two games he had 8 hits (3 and 5). I think it's easier for him to bring a physical element to his game when he plays on the wing. Playing center is more a positional game and it's not his strong suit. He's the guy you want to go agressively on the forechek.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Ever since he took those bad penalties, he's not the same anymore. He doesn't drop the gloves and barely hits (except for the last couple of games). As far as I'm concerned, the pre-Ott White would be worth keeping on the 4th line, but the latest one is as expendable as one can be.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
He needs to learn to walk that line between crazy mofo that helps his team and crazy mofo that hurts his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad