Ryan White

turnbuckle*

Just a little note for all you teenagers hoping to grow a few more inches after you turn 18. Not likely gonna happen. The odd kid grows another inch or two after he's 17, but it's the exception and not the rule.

mcarrick16

May 13, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I didn't see much of Ryan White but can we say that is Bredan Morrow type of player... Morrow is 5-11 and 210 pounds and White likes to go in the corners and mustly puts is points due to his hard work

turnbuckle*

I was speaking to a western conference scout who is really pissed off that his team didn't take White in the second round of last year's draft.

"I had him on my list as the guy to take, but a couple of our guys liked one other guy a little more, and we took him instead," said the scout. "I was shocked no one took him in the second round."

"I think he was a little fat last year; it's unbelievable how much he's improved, he got himself in good shape and gained a step, and now he's a dominant player. But how he goes in the third round is beyond me...we should have grabbed another second rounder and got him."

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I was speaking to a western conference scout who is really pissed off that his team didn't take White in the second round of last year's draft."I had him on my list as the guy to take, but a couple of our guys liked one other guy a little more, and we took him instead," said the scout. "I was shocked no one took him in the second round."

"I think he was a little fat last year; it's unbelievable how much he's improved, he got himself in good shape and gained a step, and now he's a dominant player. But how he goes in the third round is beyond me...we should have grabbed another second rounder and got him."

What is that team?!!!!!?!!!:D

Can I know? (or it's better to keep it private?).

Maybe Ryan White (3rd round) will have a better career than Ben Maxwell (Hab prospect, 2nd round)...still too early to tell though...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Last edited:

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Nice article on Ryan in The Hockey News

Jan 30th edition, page 29. Nice 1/2 page article on him....

NewHabsEra*

The best comparison I can come up with is a Doug Gilmour type....He's just a scrappy, gritty, intense type of player who makes up for his average quickness with great on ice smarts. He's about as well rounded as they come and is equally adept and threating a pass through the slot or ripping a wrister top shelf. Plays both the PP and PK very well. His work ethic alone will get him to the NHL. He could top out as a #2 centre, but I think he would fit in better as a two way 3rd line center and top penalty killer.

How would you compare him to Steve Downie regarding their style and NHL potential?

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Jeez, I watched White today on Sportsnet (vs Kelowna) and he was fantastic... his passing is incredible and he's great along the boards. Two goals, two assists, and two shorthanded points (one goal and one rediculous no-look pass). He works really hard along the boards and I like his grit. Definatly a steal in the 3rd round, IMO if he works on consistency and improves his skating a bit he can easily be a top six forward in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad