Ryan White

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He's obviously been neutered by Therrien and company which has limited his effectiveness. He needs to play with more of an edge to be better and now he's afraid to take a penalty. He will be better but he needs to be a little wild to be at his best.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Armstrong is the guy I think we should be talking about.

He certainly isn't the same guy that was part of the marian hossa deal, that's for sure. He's not skating as well as he used to, and that affects other aspects of his game, such as his physicality. He still plays the boards okay, though.

I don't expect to see him back next year.

Kovatar

Oct 29, 2010
Does he have what it takes to stay in the league?
So far he's made some dumb plays and cannot keep up with the speed.
We need to deal him for a pick.

Are you kidding me? Do you even watch the games. Nevermind the, uhm, spirited part of his game, he is very reliable defensively, and has great poise with the puck. He's our best 4th liner.

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
he needs some coaching. MT is his man. i think he'll be able to get the most of out him. good thing is he currently isn't useless. he'll get his leash extended and learn how far it goes. right now he's gotta be a good boy.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Pretty effective 4th liner who is still trying to find the fine line between being constructive and deconstructive. I have no qualms about the way he's playing his role right now, but there's still room for him to get closer to the edge, without falling off.

This, exactly. He'll get better at picking spots to kick off and times to leave it.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
He's obviously been neutered by Therrien and company which has limited his effectiveness. He needs to play with more of an edge to be better and now he's afraid to take a penalty. He will be better but he needs to be a little wild to be at his best.

In time, I think he'll find the right balance which will make him a very decent 4th liner. So far the coaching staff has been doing a damn fine job handling youngsters.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Trade White? Are you ****ing kidding me????? (he's on five leashes right now...there's no doubt about that).

And then what? Prust has to do everything (and what happens if Prust gets seriously injured? we're in deep deep massive ****).

If some of you think White has toned it down...talk to Therrien.
White is an old-school fighter/4th line energy player...he cares about protecting his teammates...ALL THE ****ing TIME...right now it's just that Therrien has him on five leashes right now.

And right now he may be tentative because he wants to play and not be in a Therrien-doghouse for 5 games...I don't blame White.

Our toughest/grittiest players (that can fight...and yes Bouillon can fight...we need White):
Prust (amazing signing...amazing)
White (old-school guts/heart/protects teammates/can play if given a chance without the leash)
Moen (you'll want him for playoffs...he's a warrior)
Armstrong (ok he might be on fighting/bodychecking strike right now! but maybe he'll pick it up later?!)
Bouillon (I'm a huge Bouillon fan but he didn't have a good game vs the Pens last Saturday)

Last edited:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Armstrong (ok he might be on fighting/bodychecking strike right now! but maybe he'll pick it up later?!)

Why do people think Armstrong can fight? He dropped 11 times in his whole career and was destroyed pretty much on every occasion. He even suffered a 1 punch knock-out against Ruslan Fedotenko! :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
White is what this team needs. I trade YOU for a pick.

QFT. I wish we could do that to all those fans...

White has been more than useful, learn to watch Hockey. He does all a 4th liner should do, fights, hits, plays sound defensively, cycle the puck along the board, wins puck battle, doesn't take dumb penalties anymore. What the heck do you guys want more ?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Hey, White did the right thing there. Remember when Greg Stewart jumped Ott back when he was playing for Dallas?? Ott was running around..and Stewart attacked him. The guys appreciate that and everyone here did too only cuz it didnt "cost" us a game..had the Habs won that game against Buffalo everyone here would be praising White.

Exactly. The Habs lost that game not White.
White was trying to stick up for Gionta and refs didn't help White.

Some fans don't deserve a player like White who sticks up for his teammates ALL THE TIME. Start appreciating him...please.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
Exactly. The Habs lost that game not White.
White was trying to stick up for Gionta and refs didn't help White.

Some fans don't deserve a player like White who sticks up for his teammates ALL THE TIME. Start appreciating him...please.

Agreed.

I'm glad he is a part of the Habs, especially on a 4th line. And he'll get better :yo:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Glad this thread has its share of RYAN WHITE SUPPORTERS:handclap:. I wouldn't want to have White's job (fighting huge goons, protecting teammates all the time, playing gritty along the boards, doing a lot of dirty work,etc,etc, and I've seen White play hockey...he can play when confidence is up there...love him anyday for our 4th line).

Go White Go!!:yo:

----------------------------------- --------------------------------

Why do people think Armstrong can fight? He dropped 11 times in his whole career and was destroyed pretty much on every occasion. He even suffered a 1 punch knock-out against Ruslan Fedotenko! :laugh:

Some of us (like me!) are wrong sometimes, that's all;)
But, it takes guts to fight even when you don't win fights...that's probably when it takes more guts (ex: Gorges vs that LEAF goon not too long ago). I admire Gorges for that but don't want to see him fight a Goon ever again...he's too important to our top 4 D-corps. Soe HAB fans laughed at Kostopoulos 'cause he didn't win many fights...I admired him for trying to protect our Habs. I still have respect for Kostopoulos for how he tried his best for the protection of his teammates. He did more for us at less $$$ vs what Laraque did for his teammates.

I guess as long as Joseph Armstrong can bring it (or sort of) along the boards and can be used on the PK and be a big/tall body presence (or sort of)...Therrien will use him.

But, we're definitely not seeing the Armstrong we've seen when he was a LEAF or THRASHER...faster, great bodychecker (sometimes very dirty)...those days are over. His body has taken a lot of beating over the years and he's doing what his body is allowing him to do, I guess. Playoffs...we'll hope to see more grit in the boards from him or in front of the net.

Last edited:

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
White is playing is role.

He was left in the press box. Went back to pratice faceoffs and PK. Probably second best on the team for faceoff win (didn't look at the stats)? and a new player on the PK

He his a borderline regular on the 4rth line and I don't understand the reason behind this thread.

Slugger

Mar 6, 2013
Love Whitey. If he had a better # like 25 that he wore throughout Jr's and AHL I bet you wouldn't hate :)

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Therrien needs to let him play a bit more aggressively. You can tell that he's scared to go all out because he doesn't want to be benched. But it's his fault for letting it get out of hand, it seems like he can't play aggressively without taking bad penalties.

Habtchum*

White is playing is role.

He was left in the press box. Went back to pratice faceoffs and PK. Probably second best on the team for faceoff win (didn't look at the stats)? and a new player on the PK

He his a borderline regular on the 4rth line and I don't understand the reason behind this thread.

White gonna be fine as a 12th/13th forward.

I don't want to lose him as we lost Aaron Asham.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He's got to get back some of his aggressiveness. Otherwise, he's as useless as they come. Good on the forecheck? So was Blunden at some extent. And it's still not enough to get him a roster spot.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
he won 55% of his faceoffs so far why move him to the wing, Nokelainen can stay as the 5th center for all i care or even take Armstrong's place so we'd have 2 good faceoff men on the 4th line

Charkey

Nov 9, 2007
Are you kidding me? Do you even watch the games. Nevermind the, uhm, spirited part of his game, he is very reliable defensively, and has great poise with the puck. He's our best 4th liner.

I agree with Kovatar and he;s good at face-off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->