Ryan White

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
dime a dozen player, plus he's on a short lease and can't really do what he's good at. He seems completely useless atm.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I've been thinking White has been very effective in his role since he found discipline. I'm almost wishing for a bit more of wild-White, though. I like him as a 4th liner.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Good honest hardworking player, maybe he is "dime a dozen" skill wise, but team's need players like White. Exactly the type of fourth liner that good teams have.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Does he have what it takes to stay in the league?
So far he's made some dumb plays and cannot keep up with the speed.
We need to deal him for a pick.

Therrien must have told him not to do anything or else we would be the losers tonight.

no reason to get a pick when he would only fetch a 3rd rounder and we have like 3 2nd rounders.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he's playing smart but we miss his edginess. he's clearly afraid to take a penalty and it shows. we could've used the crazy white tonight

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good honest hardworking player, maybe he is "dime a dozen" skill wise, but team's need players like White. Exactly the type of fourth liner that good teams have.

White is good for what he is...a steady 4th liner who is all about playing hard and sticking up for his teammates! He is needed, I agree!:yo:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Useless player IMO. He wanted to play tough at the start of the season but realized he sucked at it. He's also completely useless in the offensive zone. I'd rather have Nokelainen as the 4th line center.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Useless player IMO. He wanted to play tough at the start of the season but realized he sucked at it. He's also completely useless in the offensive zone. I'd rather have Nokelainen as the 4th line center.

You don't think maybe he was advised to tone it down or he'd be back in Hamilton after costing the Habs a couple points?

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
He's a young player asked to play centre and anchor a fourth line with more responsibility than usual. Also a bit tentative after he a couple of bad penalties. It's a learning curve. Leave White alone, good hardworking young player who will fight and stick up for anyone on his team. The edge will come back, don't worry. Ryan White is a beauty. I guarantee you every member of the team loves having this guy on their team.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
I didn't think he looked particularly good tonight, and I don't remember anything about yesterday, much less the game but since he's been re-inserted back into the line up I thought he's been a very effective 4th line center

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I've been thinking White has been very effective in his role since he found discipline. I'm almost wishing for a bit more of wild-White, though. I like him as a 4th liner.

Agreed. Always been a fan of him. I find him to be more talented than Moen or Armstrong. He can pass and control the puck a little better and overall plays a more well-rounded game.

I think people tend to overrate the contribution of fourth liners. He's exactly what we need: someone to rattle the opponent, who's reliable defensively and who can win some faceoffs. Nothing to write home about, but we have three other lines to carry this team anyway.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

He sucked at it? White is awesome when he plays a gritty game. Right now he's a dime a dozan for the simple fact that he toned down too much on the rough stuff. He needs to find a middle ground between Mathieu Darche and going bat**** crazy when somebody like Steve Ott checks him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Does he have what it takes to stay in the league?
So far he's made some dumb plays and cannot keep up with the speed.
We need to deal him for a pick.

He made a few dumb plays early on but he's played very well since the Bourque injury.

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
He sucked at it? White is awesome when he plays a gritty game. Right now he's a dime a dozan for the simple fact that he toned down too much on the rough stuff. He needs to find a middle ground between Mathieu Darche and going bat**** crazy when somebody like Steve Ott checks him.
People missed or keep forgetting that White went after Ott because Ott had a marginal play on Gionta earlier that shift... I felt Ott should have got a 2 as well, which would have drastically changed that whole story.

Mynameismark*

wtf are you on? Guys like Nokie dont belong on 4th lines. This is hockey, and 4th lines are meant for energy and toughness.

Mynameismark*

People missed or keep forgetting that White went after Ott because Ott had a marginal play on Gionta earlier that shift... I felt Ott should have got a 2 as well, which would have drastically changed that whole story.

Hey, White did the right thing there. Remember when Greg Stewart jumped Ott back when he was playing for Dallas?? Ott was running around..and Stewart attacked him. The guys appreciate that and everyone here did too only cuz it didnt "cost" us a game..had the Habs won that game against Buffalo everyone here would be praising White.

simplysincere*

White fits the 4th line perfectly. He's not a great skater, not a great shot, but he grinds it out and is there to give a strong hit when needed, or drop 'em to spark energy.

Right now this team needs him, as long as he contains himself. A 4th line should strictly be comprised of tough grinders (who can still play), and who can scrap when needed. Moen, White, and Armstrong make a great fourth line.

I'd rather have a guy on the 4th line who knows his role, as opposed to sticking a talented player on the 4th line who won't excel.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Pretty effective 4th liner who is still trying to find the fine line between being constructive and deconstructive. I have no qualms about the way he's playing his role right now, but there's still room for him to get closer to the edge, without falling off. It also seems to me that he's improved on faceoffs since he came back in the lineup. Not totally sure, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->