Player Discussion Ryan Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Top scorer - where would this team be without Parise?
Yeah, just look at how bad Zucker struggled last year with the #1 LW minutes. Not to mention how terrible Nino looks now that a team is actually giving him minutes. Parise is a good player, but he's not even the best forward on the team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suter is fine. Just needs to heal up some more this summer, play a bit less in the future, and not dominate the PP.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Suter played like an elite defenceman against Washington. I think Caps and Bolts were both a little disinterested in the Wild
-but either way -
when Suter controls the play the way he did against Washington, it ripples through the rest of the team.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Regardless, Suter should be playing with Dumba next year, and Brodin with Spurgeon.
Yup. Have Brodin/spurgeon be the shutdown pair, especially against speed lines. Dumba and Suter should be able to put up lots of points against second lines.
Dumba should be nailed to the PP.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Actually the comment is spot on. The injury obviously still lingers severely limiting mobility and his area of influence. I'd shut him down for the season to let him heal.
He has been the best player on the team for the last month at least. I'dhave zero problem if they decided to give him the rest of the year off, because I think the season is over. But, nothing about his recent play suggests that it is needed.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
He has been the best player on the team for the last month at least. I'dhave zero problem if they decided to give him the rest of the year off, because I think the season is over. But, nothing about his recent play suggests that it is needed.
I'd take Donato/Greenway over the last month. Replace Suter with #2 to move up in the draft. Side benefit is our GM would see he isn't the talent savant he thinks he is.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd take Donato/Greenway over the last month. Replace Suter with #2 to move up in the draft. Side benefit is our GM would see he isn't the talent savant he thinks he is.
Why Greenway? I could understand Donato, definitely not Greenway though.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Greenway has been a passenger much of late. Definitely not out best forward the last bit, mind you he had a good game the other night.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Greenway has been a passenger much of late. Definitely not out best forward the last bit, mind you he had a good game the other night.
Pretty hard to pick any forward that has been consistantly good the past month or so. Donato is definitely making the most of his scoring chances, but he isn't a very good hockey player yet. If he can just get to the level of being decent on the wall, he has a chance to be an outstanding player.

Reactions: P10p

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Actually the comment is spot on. The injury obviously still lingers severely limiting mobility and his area of influence. I'd shut him down for the season to let him heal.

The injury still having lingering effects, and whether or not Brodin deserves more ice time than him, are two totally different discussions.

Brodin is not a better player than Suter at this point, even with the lingering effects.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
The injury still having lingering effects, and whether or not Brodin deserves more ice time than him, are two totally different discussions.

Brodin is not a better player than Suter at this point, even with the lingering effects.
Disagree.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it's fair to say that Brodin has games where he looks better than Suter, but in general, there is no doubt who is the better player. They play in totally different roles, though. Brodin plays with a grab bag of Dmen, and gets near zero PP TOI. Suter plays with Spurgeon, who is terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->