Ryan Suter vs Shea Weber

Who do you take

• Total voters

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Suter. The guy has an engine that never stops while also having a good passing game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If they were both healthy and fully recovered, like no injury ever happened, I take Suter (my vote).

Since both are injured, whoever recovers the best will be the winner.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Weber played at about his career pace (50 pts, 20 goals) with a busted food for the entire season. I don't know the answer to the poll (I said Weber out of bias) but the idea he's done is such a silly talking point on here.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Right now- Suter
Peak- Suter
Career- Weber

Since this poll is "for the next season", I picked Suter, easily...

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Suter, not particularly close either.

Suter was the superior player back when they played together on Nashville, and he's the far superior player today.

Is that why Nsh chose to give a massive, never ending contract to Weber and let Suter walk? If you look for old threads, I'm sure Weber was HF's darling defenceman circa 2010 to 2015. Got robbed of Norris in 2010-2011, impenetrable defense, Weber vs Malkin proposals, best player of '03 draft, blah blah blah. Always thought Weber was massively overrated in Nashville and is now criminally underrated in Mtl. Played with Beaulieu, Emelin, Markov ( for about 10 games), and Jordie Benn/ 19 yo Mete (26 games this season) with the Habs. Don't think you can ask any more from Mountain Man tbh. Same thing will happen to Doughty. Overrated now and will be underrated next year when he joins the Leafs. :sarcasm:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Both good, I rather have Weber, Weber was hurt last year was still on pace for 50 points. The year before they came in 5th and 6th in Norris votes, Suter 5th, and Weber 6th.

I'll say this tho, Suter plays with a better D partner. Weber has played with Emelin, Beaulieu, Markov, Mete and Benn...(LOL)

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I wouldn’t even be so sure about Weber offensively. Goals wise sure but Suter has hovered around 50 points for 3 consecutive years now.
Adjusting this year Weber only played 26 games 16 points, (50 point pace) Weber and suter have almost identical point totals the past three years, if you go back farther Weber out rppducrs sure.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Adjusting this year Weber only played 26 games 16 points, (50 point pace) Weber and suter have almost identical point totals the past three years, if you go back farther Weber out rppducrs sure.
Eh, a lot of that is PP. at ES weber isn’t an amazing point producer though not terrible

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Is that why Nsh chose to give a massive, never ending contract to Weber and let Suter walk? If you look for old threads, I'm sure Weber was HF's darling defenceman circa 2010 to 2015. Got robbed of Norris in 2010-2011, impenetrable defense, Weber vs Malkin proposals, best player of '03 draft, blah blah blah. Always thought Weber was massively overrated in Nashville and is now criminally underrated in Mtl. Played with Beaulieu, Emelin, Markov ( for about 10 games), and Jordie Benn/ 19 yo Mete (26 games this season) with the Habs. Don't think you can ask any more from Mountain Man tbh. Same thing will happen to Doughty. Overrated now and will be underrated next year when he joins the Leafs. :sarcasm:

This is one of the funnier things i've read on this board. Yes, Poile "let suter walk" and than proceeded to have a hissy fit during a press conference that they weren't allowed to match. Even funnier that they didn't sign Weber to the contract, Philly did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad