Ryan Suter vs Konecny

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
Need some input here, I will be trading Suter for Konecny in my keepers league.

Does anybody need to add? Picks could also be involved.

Upside on Konecny? Point projection in the future? Suter came off his best season last year but is also getting old...

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Need some input here, I will be trading Suter for Konecny in my keepers league.

Does anybody need to add? Picks could also be involved.

Upside on Konecny? Point projection in the future? Suter came off his best season last year but is also getting old...

Konecny is a tier below the Nylanders and Kyle Connors of the league. But he is a highly skilled ofensive winger who will get to play with top talent for years to come. Coaching and PP usage will dictate just how high his numbers get, but he's a 55+ point guy as is, no question. He could still progress even further with 70+ points in the future, if things land for him.

I would think the trade is close to even. It depends on your teams positional need, and what's available in your league. Some leagues have 60 point forwards who aren't owned and could be had for free. But if you have 6 D spots each in a 16 team league, then a defenceman might be worth gold.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Konecny is a tier below the Nylanders and Kyle Connors of the league. But he is a highly skilled ofensive winger who will get to play with top talent for years to come. Coaching and PP usage will dictate just how high his numbers get, but he's a 55+ point guy as is, no question. He could still progress even further with 70+ points in the future, if things land for him.

I would think the trade is close to even. It depends on your teams positional need, and what's available in your league. Some leagues have 60 point forwards who aren't owned and could be had for free. But if you have 6 D spots each in a 16 team league, then a defenceman might be worth gold.

This. A 50 point dman is far harder to replace than a 60 point forward.

Your roster composition is a critical component of advising you here.

My salary dynasty league plays 2C,2LW,2RW,6F,6D,2G with 5 bench.
I'd play Suter and Dumba if I could fit Suter under my cap and afford to ice a competent roster doing so. I wouldn't dream of trading Suter for less than a 75 point forward under age 27 in a keeper format.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

He's getting 12-13 minutes a night. 55 points isn't a lock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->