ryan suter vs cam barker

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
Barker. He´s scored 1 goal in 20 games as a 20 year old rookie and Suter scored 1 goal in 71 game as a 20 year old rookie. one more from Barker and he will prove that he will score twice as much goals than Suter.;)

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Barker will wind up with more points. He has a knack for gettig a quick shot to the net or finding sticks if the shots not there.

Suter is however, a very good defencemen who brings other things to the table. He's one of the few American defencemen that actually deserves to be hyped more than he is at the moment. Great vision, terrific hands, great skater. Will be a no. 1 or no.2 D in the very near future.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Suter isn't being used in an offensive role for the Predators, given that Timonen, Zidlicky and Weber all have such great offensive instincts. Suter is being used more as a shutdown\stay at home guy, a role he's really excelled at, this year. He plays some second unit PP minutes, but mostly he's on the first PK unit. He still makes the occasional mistakes you expect from a young defenseman(takes the wrong man, leaves the backdoor open, tries to play the puck when he should play the body, etc) but overall, his improvement from last year to this year is pretty remarkable.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
...overall, his improvement from last year to this year is pretty remarkable.

I've only seen 10 Predators games this year compared with well over 60 last year but in those games, he's looked amazing. I'm honestly floored by his progress from last year to this year. Last year, Weber easily passed Suter as our best defensive prospect. Now it seems as if Suter has narrowed the gap. And that's impressive because Weber is arguably the best young defenseman in his age bracket.

I love how Trotz is bringing them both along slowly. I think both could work well with more minutes, but he wants almost everyone hovering around 20 minutes.

Michael Scofield

Feb 1, 2007
Gatineau
Both guys have to be patient until they find their game. i think Barker will get better suddenly, but Suter will improve consistantly throughout his career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad