Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
These guys are really starting to click, Hamhuis right now is looking like our best defenseman and Suter isn't far behind.

Suter has really stepped it up the last 2 games as well and looks poised beyond his year. He's got 4 points in 7 games and is a plus 5, that's in the top 10 of the league. Not bad for a rookie this early into his first season.

Transported Upstater

Always been high on Suter. He could have made Nashville's roster at 19 IMO.

lightning_legwand*

Suter may have an outside chance at the calder on Corsby or Ovechkin.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
lightning_legwand said:
Suter may have an outside chance at the calder on Corsby or Ovechkin.

Not going to happen. He'll have to get power play time to put up the necessary points. And he's not going to do that with the limited power play time he's going to get.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Hamhuis is better right now overall, although Suter's first pass is outstanding. In the long run I think Suter might be the better passer and Hamhuis the better shot, although it will be very close. These guys are so close in so many ways it's scary.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
flyercide said:
here's a question specifically for you nash fans... who is better offensively now hamhuis or suter? who do you think will be better in the future?

I'm not a Nashville fan but I'll comment since I've watched both these guys for a while now. I believe Hamhuis will be a perennial Norris Trophy candidate, while Suter will be a step below but he'll still be an All-Star.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
flyercide said:
here's a question specifically for you nash fans... who is better offensively now hamhuis or suter? who do you think will be better in the future?

I second what Trigg said. It has to be Hamhuis. Hammer is so smooth and calm with the with puck (he's like a younger Skoula ;) ). He makes great decisions and puts the puck where it needs to be. You can tell he's just more comfortable than Ryan is right now. Hammer looks like a forward out there with the puck. He's got a great shot from the point (and a nice wrister in close, just ask Toskala). He's a great passer and sees the ice very, very well. He's not really relying on the power play for points, which is impressive. Defenseman generally don't rack up the points during ES ice time, but so far Hammer has. 3 points (1g, 2a) have come at ES during 7 games and he spanked the crossbar on a breakaway shot against SJ. He's hit another post if I'm not mistaken (as has Suter), so it's not like all these points are coming as the result of great luck.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
SmokeyClause said:
Not going to happen. He'll have to get power play time to put up the necessary points. And he's not going to do that with the limited power play time he's going to get.

Yeah, there are a couple of chumps like Zidlicky and Timmonen that don`t entirly suck.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
sevenSteen said:
I'm not a Nashville fan but I'll comment since I've watched both these guys for a while now. I believe Hamhuis will be a perennial Norris Trophy candidate, while Suter will be a step below but he'll still be an All-Star.

Flip that around and I think you have it right. Obviously right now, Hamhuis is better...but he's also about 2 years older...but if compared horizontally, I watched Hammer's first year and now I'm watching Suter's...and Suter is showing me more as a rookie than Hammer did...and that's saying a lot. Suter seems to get better and better every game, and looks like he's going to be scary good for a long, long time.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't know if I can say one will be better than the other. I'd say Suter might have a slight edge physically but Hamhuis stick work defensively is as good as anyone, Suter might have the edge in the corners and along the boards but Hamhuis open ice hits are legendary, both move the puck with easy. It's going to be fun watching these two grow up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->