Player Discussion Ryan Strome

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
And what if that doesn't work?

What if we re-sign Strome and that doesn't work?

Odds are nothing is going stop Panarin from dropping back to awesome-but-more-normal numbers next year. He's got 69 ES points in 66 games for f**ks sake, that almost as many as Jagr had the entire 05-06 season when he broke like every record. He's going to end the season with more ES points than Crosby has ever had in any season ever and maybe with more ES points than any player this century.

Is any part of this repeatable, no matter who centers him?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I poke in here during the day periodically. When I come here and refresh the page, my over/under to Strome having been qualified or traded is 504 gateway timeout.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
So what's the plan with Strome? Can't see the team just letting him go for no return.

if NYR don't get an offer they like,
and wont risk a $4M arbitration award that they cannot walk away from,
they may not have better choice ...

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
if NYR don't get an offer they like,
and wont risk a $4M arbitration award that they cannot walk away from,
they may not have better choice ...

Assuming they get a 4M arbitration award are we really thinking he is unmovable?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Assuming they get a 4M arbitration award are we really thinking he is unmovable?
i was only talking about today's decision
I'd believe what you imply, they can find a spot for him later, if they keep him for now

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
i was only talking about today's decision
I'd believe what you imply, they can find a spot for him later, if they keep him for now

That's what I'm confused about. Why would they not qualify him even if he isn't in their long term plans. He has to be worth at least a 3rd, no? We can't be the only team in the league looking for centers.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
THE WAITING IS OVER!

rZ9LNqm.png

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
was told his QO would be much higher . . . and Georgiev would be traded so Hank could stay . . . and ADA/Chytil is enough for Eichel . . . and the Rangers would have no cap concerns . . . and Dog had better ratings than me

Last edited:
Reactions: JC704

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Walk away. You’ll never miss him
Ugh we just qualified him

That would terrible assent management. Just get him signed then trade him now or at the trade deadline. What good is letting him walk for nothing? If he is having another 50+ point with Panarin and Laf than he is going to fetch you at least a 2nd rounder at the deadline, possibly more.

Reactions: Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->