Ryan Strome DISGUSTING goal

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
Sure, remember that little 15 year contract he gave to an injury prone Rick Dipietro? Yes, that was for someone who was already having concussion and knee problems...

Or maybe that little Nabokov incident last year where after being told that Nabokov would not play on the Island, Snow still went ahead and claimed him off waivers, awesome, I guess he thought he could win him over with his charm.

If you're trolling, you're not really good at it. If you're not trolling, you're not really good at that either.

:),
Mitch

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
"SICK" goal would be the more appropriate phrase (emphasizes skill) ..."DISGUSTING" is an improper connotive description .it should be reserved for say a TOMAS HOLMSTROM stand at the very edge of the crease,screen the goalie --giving him zero chance at stopping it--THAT type of "disgusting " goal,,,Strome;sa thing of beauty...Holmstrom a stain on the artistry of the game ...one is magical skill the other a show of mere pedestrian brawn..so reserve your DISGUSTS for wherethey realy should be hurled at...

giddy up*

Sure, remember that little 15 year contract he gave to an injury prone Rick Dipietro? Yes, that was for someone who was already having concussion and knee problems...

Or maybe that little Nabokov incident last year where after being told that Nabokov would not play on the Island, Snow still went ahead and claimed him off waivers, awesome, I guess he thought he could win him over with his charm.

1. He had nothing to do with DiPietros contract. That was Wang

2. Nabokov said he would play for any team that claimed him. When Nabokov went against his word and didn't show up, Snow decided to toll the contract and now we have another asset

A little research next time. The "lol snow is a backup goalie" got old years ago. He has not made mistakes as a GM

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Just as an FYI before the contract Dipietro had one minor concussion on no major knee injuries that I can recall.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
"SICK" goal would be the more appropriate phrase (emphasizes skill) ..."DISGUSTING" is an improper connotive description .it should be reserved for say a TOMAS HOLMSTROM stand at the very edge of the crease,screen the goalie --giving him zero chance at stopping it--THAT type of "disgusting " goal,,,Strome;sa thing of beauty...Holmstrom a stain on the artistry of the game ...one is magical skill the other a show of mere pedestrian brawn..so reserve your DISGUSTS for wherethey realy should be hurled at...

Because the word sick is incredibly flattering when also taken into a literal context right?

You must be fun at parties.

BluelineHammer

Jan 20, 2010
And the worst thing that happens with Nabokov is Snow trades him and gets a pick......

No that's not the worst thing. The Islanders are already a team that free agents don't want to sign with, the way Snow is bullying Nabokov is just going to alienate more of them. There is no class left in that organization and players see that. Their FA signings the last 3 years have been Roloson, Biron, Eaton, Jurcina, Parenteau, Konopka, and only Reasoner so far this year. Hope that pick is worth it.

BluelineHammer

Jan 20, 2010
I can see that this has ruffled some feathers, so I'm going to let it go, this argument is not fair to the thread. That was a really nice goal, disgusting? no, but nice. And for the record, I actually like the Isles drafting the last few years. I'm a hockey fan first, and would like to see the Isles at least become respectable.

As far as some answers

No Mitch, not trolling, simply answering Hockify's question

He was the GM, Dipietro is still his responsibility, Wang or no Wang.

I stand corrected on the waiver claim, but my point on free agents and the consequences of the Nabokov handling stands.

I never mentioned anything about his career as a player, but saying he has not made mistakes is laughable--->Witt

Dipietro had a bruised knee in 05 and sprained knee in 06 before his contract which is a bad sign for a goalie

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No that's not the worst thing. The Islanders are already a team that free agents don't want to sign with, the way Snow is bullying Nabokov is just going to alienate more of them. There is no class left in that organization and players see that. Their FA signings the last 3 years have been Roloson, Biron, Eaton, Jurcina, Parenteau, Konopka, and only Reasoner so far this year. Hope that pick is worth it.

It could be worse the Islanders can sign players to big deals who have the intention of wanting to play in NY then trade them a year later or send them down to the AHL.

The idea that Nabakov will somehow hinder the Islanders chance of signing other players is laughable. Simple fact is if the Islanders start winning and look like they can become a Stanley cup contender people will want to sign with the team, if they continue losing and missing the playoffs then players will want to stay away. The outcome of the arena deal also has more effect on players signing long term deals with the Islanders then Nabakov. Nabakov has only himself to blame for what happened because he didn't follow the protocol set force by both the league and the players association, why that would effect any other players choices in the league is beyond me.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Man I wish he fell to 6th so the Sens could have selected him.

I love Zibanejad but Strome is going to be a star one day :(

I think you will like Zibanejad, his physical style play, gritty, and also skilled, Strome is exciting but when I saw him he was one deminsional offense offense offense where as Zibanejad is all around great.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

I know, being a Ranger fan and all.... it's hard to believe, but you can build a team without overpaying UFA's at the tail end of their prime years.

Oh, and PA Parenteau had one less point than your leading scorer last year.... and cost less than 1/3 of his salary.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I can see that this has ruffled some feathers, so I'm going to let it go, this argument is not fair to the thread. That was a really nice goal, disgusting? no, but nice. And for the record, I actually like the Isles drafting the last few years. I'm a hockey fan first, and would like to see the Isles at least become respectable.

Love the backhanded comment! But noooo.... not trolling. LOL

I stand corrected on the waiver claim, but my point on free agents and the consequences of the Nabokov handling stands.

If a player would be swayed by the Islanders actions in that situation (which were totally in their right), I don't want them here anyway.

I never mentioned anything about his career as a player, but saying he has not made mistakes is laughable--->Witt

I see you're struggling to find something... ANYTHING to make your point a more valid one. Bringing up Brenden Witt isn't going to do it. LMAO

Dipietro had a bruised knee in 05 and sprained knee in 06 before his contract which is a bad sign for a goalie

Two minor injuries..... and it's a moot point anyway, because as it has been stated, multiple times, it's no secret and it's widely known that Charles Wang penned that contract.

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. Here I thought you were ignoring the obvious and trying extremely hard to find any information that would support your statement of how Garth Snow is destined to **** things up with Strome.

So far you've got - "Brendan Witt! LOL!", DiPietro's contract, and the Islanders picking a goalie on waivers.

Thanks for the compelling argument; color me convinced. Chew well, this will be the last food you're getting from me.

:),
Mitch

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

That was Charles Wang who gave DP the contract, not Snow. Don Meehan, Nabokovs agent, said he would play anywhere if claimed so he can prove himself for free agency. You don't have it right, you're wrong.

Hockify

Mar 27, 2008
New York

He was the GM, Dipietro is still his responsibility, Wang or no Wang.
Neil Smith was fired for not doing what Wang wanted (he tried to play hardball) and Snow was hired because of that. You think he should have done the same thing as Neil? Then he would have been fired like Neil. The Dipietro deal was negotiated and final before he was hired but wasn't announced until Snow was GM. What is so hard to understand. I'm sure you walked in the first day at your job and told the owner of your company who just hired you that he has to shut up, undo everything he did before you were hired, and he has to listen to you now. :laugh:

No offense but you're corrected on more than that. Snow didn't do anything different than all other GM's do, they all pick people up off waivers when they need them. The Islanders shouldn't do what all other teams do? You do know this has been done before and nobody made a big deal out of it? the Islanders even lost a goalie the exact same way but nobody cared when it happened to them.

Witt, what? He signed him after years of play they were happy with and then his play wasn't as good as he got older? So? That happens to every team in every sport. If you think that looks so bad for him than what kind of expectations do you have?

You're pointing to a sprain and a bruise that he came back from 100%? :laugh: He didn't have injury problems when Wang signed him even if you want it to be true to help your point.

You could just face it your argument was based on things that had nothing to do with Snow or you can keep trying to prove this point for some reason. :huh: I didn't say Snow was perfect (and with bringing up Witt that's the best you're proving is that he isn't perfect) but like I've said before I wish the Rangers had a GM more like Snow.

You say you're not trolling and you're answering my question but what made you make your comment in the first place when they are here talking about a goal from their new prospect? :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->