Ryan Strome DISGUSTING goal

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has a beautiful slap shot.

I felt this was one of the major factors that really separated him from his draft class. I think his vision, skating, passing and hands were all on the same level as a guy like RNH or Huberdeau...but his slap-shot was just ridiculous and has a lot of potential.

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
Hard and accurate, tough to ask for more than that.

All goes well, there will be multiple Oiler/Isle cup finals in the next decade.

The old becomes new again. :cheers:

Edit - Fun to watch goal. Best thing about Strome for the Isles is that he's without a doubt talented enough for where he was picked and he fills an organizational need.

:),
Mitch

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
....so what I've gotten from this thread is that a sick shootout goal in a prospect game decidedly makes him the most talented prospect of the draft?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
....so what I've gotten from this thread is that a sick shootout goal in a prospect game decidedly makes him the most talented prospect of the draft?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

You'd have to ask them, but it's not necessarily the case that they're basing their review of his skills on one video. Perhaps, some are basing what his skills are on at least TWO videos. (As outrageous as it might sound, even on HFBoards, some might have actually watched him play on multiple occasions, as well.)

:),
Mitch

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
What? Have you not seen something similar to this by Jurco, Kadri, any list of halfway decent danglers in shootouts in the past 3 years?

It's a shootout goal on a prospect goalie..it's not really that impressive if you think about it.

You're spot on. Strome is garbage. Move might as well have been on par with Marek Malik.

Strome is clearly no JT Miller.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Schremp needed motivation, and he was pretty much never motivated with the Isles.

He looked alright last season with the thrashers though. Like he got waived and it finally dawned on him that he actually needed to try.

In one rookie scrimmage Strome put on more effort than Schremp did in his rookie year.

Here is your motivation. You're 23 years old and you're playing in the NHL. what more motivation does he need? if he needs motivation by being on a better team then he's never going to be a good player.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Schremp needs to get his head out of his ass and start making the right play... ALL THE TIME, instead of the flashy play. We get it Robby, you can stick handle.... make the red line and dump the puck instead of trying to deke through all 5 opposing players.

He's an A1 example of a guy that's built for a beer league. All flash, little substance with a giant heap of ego.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
I was more impressed by that backhand. A lost art in todays NHL. He could score a lot of goals that way when he backhands it like that with authority. Goalies tend to struggle with that shot.

4thliner*

I've been saying it this whole time; this kid is going to be the most skilled player out of this draft.

Yeah, I laughed at those that said RNH 'shiftiness' or 'playmaking' was the most 'skilled' player in the draft.

Ryan Strome is like Tim Connolly on steroids, he could be as skilled as Dennis Savard. He is that crafty and has that wow factor individual talent. He is more of an individual talent than RNH who\s skills is more suited towards making other better. One on one skills is a no contest, Strome all the way.

All he needs to do is just show something in the NHL and translate some of that game quick and I will crown him as the player with most upside in the draft.

This kid can SHOOT a damn one time like no other. That is why I don't think he will fail in the NHL. The NHL is more a showman league than the minors. Players that electrify the crowd become big starts quick and feed on the confidence. I see him blasting 1 timers on the PP early in his career.

4thliner*

Schremp was slow and had attitude problems in his approach to the game. Strome is a great skater.

Only thing I can dis about Strome is he is freaking UGLY, his torso looks kinda misshaped and curved like a parabola with a constant 2nd differential. He's got those orangutan weird looking arms of Danny Heatley too.

But that won't keep him from his superstar upside. Personally I think he is very safe due to the quality of his shot alone in combination with others skills, but he does need to play through checks better. Only think that could make him a bust.

BluelineHammer

Jan 20, 2010
Sweet goal, Isles got another great piece in the system.

No worries, Garth Snow will find a way to screw it up.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Yeah, I laughed at those that said RNH 'shiftiness' or 'playmaking' was the most 'skilled' player in the draft.

Ryan Strome is like Tim Connolly on steroids, he could be as skilled as Dennis Savard. He is that crafty and has that wow factor individual talent. He is more of an individual talent than RNH who\s skills is more suited towards making other better. One on one skills is a no contest, Strome all the way.

All he needs to do is just show something in the NHL and translate some of that game quick and I will crown him as the player with most upside in the draft.

This kid can SHOOT a damn one time like no other. That is why I don't think he will fail in the NHL. The NHL is more a showman league than the minors. Players that electrify the crowd become big starts quick and feed on the confidence. I see him blasting 1 timers on the PP early in his career.

I wouldn't say Strome is Connolly on Steroids. Rather just a healthy Connolly. Connolly has some disgusting talent that he just hasn't been able to use fully because of injuries and such. Strome is going to be a fun one to watch.

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Sweet goal, Isles got another great piece in the system.

No worries, Garth Snow will find a way to screw it up.

Really how so has Garth screwed up ? ( to get it out of the way DP was Wangs Idea)

I would say your owner and gm have screwed up way more than the Islanders....

BluelineHammer

Jan 20, 2010
:laugh: Yeah!
Like he did with...um...hmmmm. :huh:
Could you maybe come up with an example of when he screwed up before? :help:

Sure, remember that little 15 year contract he gave to an injury prone Rick Dipietro? Yes, that was for someone who was already having concussion and knee problems...

Or maybe that little Nabokov incident last year where after being told that Nabokov would not play on the Island, Snow still went ahead and claimed him off waivers, awesome, I guess he thought he could win him over with his charm.

Marty30

Jun 20, 2006
Sure, remember that little 15 year contract he gave to an injury prone Rick Dipietro? Yes, that was for someone who was already having concussion and knee problems...

Or maybe that little Nabokov incident last year where after being told that Nabokov would not play on the Island, Snow still went ahead and claimed him off waivers, awesome, I guess he thought he could win him over with his charm.

And the worst thing that happens with Nabokov is Snow trades him and gets a pick......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->