Ryan Strome DISGUSTING goal

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
I've been saying it this whole time; this kid is going to be the most skilled player out of this draft.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
It was even better from where I was sitting! I was looking straight at it from behind him. The spinaroonie just looked ridiculous. It looked effortless yet impossible.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
Don't just pay attention to him pulling the stick through the legs. Pay attention to how Nilsson goes for the poke check and as he does the spinaroonie he ducks the poke check and roofs the puck.

Edgeworth*

Oh man generic major junior shootout move 199901349302902.

|:

AntonRodin*

Eh, the goalie isn't that good anyways. Reimer probably would've had it:sarcasm:

Edgeworth*

Not sure if serious?

What? Have you not seen something similar to this by Jurco, Kadri, any list of halfway decent danglers in shootouts in the past 3 years?

It's a shootout goal on a prospect goalie..it's not really that impressive if you think about it.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I actually love this kid. Islanders have a Very, Very bright future ahead of them. I'm jealous.

giddy up*

What? Have you not seen something similar to this by Jurco, Kadri, any list of halfway decent danglers in shootouts in the past 3 years?

It's a shootout goal on a prospect goalie..it's not really that impressive if you think about it.

He's a prospect. Its a prospect goal on a prospect goalie (and a damn good prospect goalie at that)

And you said it was a "generic move." That means most players do it. Not even close. That would mean when anyone prepares for a shootout the announcer would go "Well here comes the usual put the stick between your legs toe drag spin-o-rama backhand top shelf. Just the usual."

Have there been other sick shootout goals by prospects? Yup. Is this goal impressive? Yup.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Strome was the most talented player in this draft. He will be the best forward that was drafted this year and a real gem for the Islanders.

Congrats.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Man I wish he fell to 6th so the Sens could have selected him.

I love Zibanejad but Strome is going to be a star one day :(

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
SICK goal. I was going nuts. The whole event was awesome.

I agree.

What a display of talent that was for the isles :handclap:

Nino = Clutch

Strome = Super skilled

de Haan = Sniping defenseman

Nilsson = Giant ****ing wall

Lee = Big hard nosed net crasher

Props to all who showed up to the game.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I agree.

What a display of talent that was for the isles :handclap:

Nino = Clutch

Strome = Super skilled

de Haan = Sniping defensmen

Nilsson = Giant ****ing wall

Lee = Big hard nosed net crasher

Props to all who showed up to the game.

Kichton played a solid game too.... made a few really nice outlet passes (an important one that resulted in a goal), and was solid defensively too. He stood up Nino at the hash marks early in the first half.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Kichton played a solid game too.... made a few really nice outlet passes (an important one that resulted in a goal), and was solid defensively too. He stood up Nino at the hash marks early in the first half.

Kichton did stand out. So did Brock Nelson.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
At least we know the Islanders goalies still suck :sarcasm:

Nilsson is a very solid goaltending prospect. This is the first time i have seen him play over a period of time and not in a highlight video. Very impressed. Which also goes to show how great that goal was from Strome.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Strome was the most talented player in this draft. He will be the best forward that was drafted this year and a real gem for the Islanders.

Congrats.

You better hope so because you've been claiming it in every thread with Strome's name in it :laugh:

Anyways, no doubt it was a sick goal. As an Oiler fan, I was pretty excited with some of the goals that Schremp had, the kid had pretty sick hands. For Isle fans, they can be happy because Schremp's biggest flaws were his skating and his work ethic, and Strome seems to have both in his favour, so he should be a great player going forward.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
If you don't think this is a nice goal, then you may as well go delete your HF account. It takes skill to do that. Nice goal Strome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->