Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Sproul (Assigned to HFD)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Sproul has some NHL experience, I was wondering if he would get an opportunity.

This really makes me wonder what the plan is for Smith. Are they just punishing him, or is he really out of the equation for next year?

Reactions: Ori

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Would of preferred Graves, or even Smith, but whatever, interested to see if he can bring as confident a game as Pionk and Gilmour have.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Smith is being punished. As he should be. Won’t see him anytime soon.

Sproul has been fantastic for a couple weeks now. Well deserved.

We’re going to Minnesota with only 6 D? That’s interesting.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Lol Graves best asset is his last name. Stop pretending he’s NHL ready. He’s got another year before he can be a bottom pit guy

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lol Graves best asset is his last name. Stop pretending he’s NHL ready. He’s got another year before he can be a bottom pit guy

Pionk v Graves is the typical case of brains v tools. Fans fall in love with tools, but brains inevitably turn out to be more important. Graves was always a boom/bust guy who could've been a top pair defenseman with all his tools, but if it won't all come together, he'll be a minor league bust. But it's not just his name. Being 6-5 225 is not just his name. Having a 104 mph shot is not just his name. Skating, defending 1-on-1 is not just the name.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
People will disagree with you here. Kampfer doesn't deserve the hatred he gets.

Who hates on Kampfer? Not sure what else you could ask from the guy. He fills in and plays generic, unremarkable defense. That's literally a perfect #7. A few gaffes are to be expected but I'd take him on the roster anytime. He's been a pleasant surprise.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Who hates on Kampfer? Not sure what else you could ask from the guy. He fills in and plays generic, unremarkable defense. That's literally a perfect #7. A few gaffes are to be expected but I'd take him on the roster anytime. He's been a pleasant surprise.

I feel the same way. He's not going to be great. Some folks wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole. Careys the AHL label/stigma.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually kind of like Kampfer. He's not a big guy but he skates pretty well and he competes. I don't see him making loads of bad reads either. His cap hit is very cheap.

Remember Kostka? That guy sucked.

Reactions: Krams and will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad