Ryan Spooner vs. Joey Hishon

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'm taking Hishon, but its closer than people are gonna make it out to be.

Spooner is a legitimate top six prospect.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
as a COL fan i want to say Hishon hands down...

but with his injuries and seeing how good Spooner looks....

too close to call!

if you ask me this in a vacuum of sorts with the tag both would be healthy and at their peak, i take hishon, but spooner may prove to be the better long term player

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
If healthy, i think hishon takes this one somewhat easily, especially looking at playoffs

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I understand Spooner had a great camp with Boston, which raised a lot of hopes. But if I was just going on what I see in the OHL, I don't think it's very close. Hishon has been a significantly better player. More dynamic, more involved, more consistent, more productive.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I understand Spooner had a great camp with Boston, which raised a lot of hopes. But if I was just going on what I see in the OHL, I don't think it's very close. Hishon has been a significantly better player. More dynamic, more involved, more consistent, more productive.

I don't think there's any doubt that Hishon has been the better OHLer up to this point, and I'd still vote for him. But Spooner's done more to raise his stock in the Bruins system than just about anyone they have, and he's still a kid physically. I'd bet money that if he heads back to junior (which I think he will), he'll put up large numbers and impress at the WJC this year. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't totally sold on him after he was drafted (I didn't think he had enough intestinal fortitude to go from a skilled player to high end NHL talent), but he's looking like a kid that's willing to put the work in to match his raw talent.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Spooner seems to play better in a Bruins jersey than a Peterborough or Kingston jersey. Hishon's had the better OHL career, but Spooner was a beast at both development camps and was the last cut (or close to it) for our forwards last year after doing really well in camp. Haven't seen either enough in actual games, but it's tough to go against what I hear/read about Hishon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad