Confirmed with Link: Ryan Spooner re-signed [2 years, $4.0MM AAV]

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Wow, everyone was saying let him go to arbitration and get the one year deal. Proves that we don't really know what the front office thinks as well as we think we do.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider, Namestnikov, Vesey, Fast and Spooner all headed for UFA in 2 years.

Also, I feel like Spooner will do well here, and people will come to like him. I have nothing to base this on other than a gut feeling.
I think they hold onto 3 of the 5 you mentioned. Kreider, Fast, and one of Nam/Spooner.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Assuming the AAV is around 4 mill i dont hate this. If he has a good season and doesnt fit into the future of the lineup its a very tradeable contract

Reactions: Ori

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kreider, Namestnikov, Vesey, Fast and Spooner all headed for UFA in 2 years.

Also, I feel like Spooner will do well here, and people will come to like him. I have nothing to base this on other than a gut feeling.

Only Kreider and Fast are likely to have a chance to stick around so eh

Reactions: haveandare

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Don't like this. He's someone who should be traded for futures at the deadline. Decent scorer, terrible shot numbers.
He still can be traded at the deadline this year, and with Hayes probably being trade at deadline it's a nice backup plan if the kids are overwhelmed in the NHL.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Don't like this. He's someone who should be traded for futures at the deadline. Decent scorer, terrible shot numbers.

Pretty sure he's still more likely to be traded. 2 years, 1 year, whatever. Rangers don't have to trade everyone right away. They need bodies for the season, he could be gone next trade deadline, the one after, etc

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
We weren't good on the wings last year, now we're minus Nash, minus Grabner, probably be minus Zucc after this year, no big prospects besides Kravtsov who's years away. I like Spooner and it makes sense to try to feature him as a scorer.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not much to dislike here. Spooner won't last 2 years here. Gorton flipped Nash for him +. And eventually he will flip Spooner for players that better fit our rebuild.

This is what asset management looks like. Sather is probably confused AF right now wondering what's going on.

DViJ0gmVAAACNN-.jpg

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
so if they can't trade him you would rather let him walk for nothing as a ufa instead of risking being able to trade him the following year?
Yes, I would rather take the risk of losing him for nothing than having his cap hit on the books, especially with the potential UFA's available.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Spooner will get 'a shot' here during the rebuild, almost certainly seeing PP time and top 6 minutes.

Definitely think he's better on the wing.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Spooner moved at the deadline @50%. 2M for a versatile player that can produce offensively. Team acquiring him will have him for their playoff run, and can decide to keep him or move him after their run.

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->