Ryan Russell, Brodie Dupont, Tom Pyatt

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Has anyone seen them play if so whats the report, and could they be NHLers somday?
I don't see them all playing for the same NHL team, but sure, they could all be NHLers. The problem with them all playing for the Rangers is that they'll all be getting ready at about the same time, and they all project as lower-line lunchbucket players if they make it. Russell could have a bit more finesse than the other two, but then, he also carries the most risk of the bunch, since there's a decent chance he just won't be strong enough to make it, especially if he can't rise above a lunchbucket role.

I like Pyatt's odds the best. But then, I see him the most. He's smart, dedicated, quick enough, and strong enough despite his size that I can readily see him ultimately matching the level of, say, a Blair Betts in the NHL. Different size, of course, correspondingly different style in some ways, but the same general effectiveness and value.

I'd have Dupont at the next best odds. He's got better size than the other two, and he hasn't been scared off using it like, say, Jason Ward was with his injury history, so if you wanted to you could imagine Dupont making the NHL as something on the order of a Jason Ward... except with more willingness to mix it up consistently and park himself around the net if asked to.

With all those (and others) it's no wonder the Rangers could trade Cliche, basically.

I've seen Pyatt probably 30 or more times. Dupont and Russell much less, maybe half a dozen each at most, all on TV for them. So that's at least one indicator of the number of grains of salt to attach to my opinion. :)

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I've seen Russell and Dupont regularly.

Dupont has a MUCH better chance than Russell, but that being said if Ryan fills out a bit more like his twin his chances will increase about threefold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->