Movies: Ryan Reynolds in “Detective Pikachu”

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This not something I thought I needed or wanted. But I'm now suddenly sold on the idea. God damn it Ryan Reynolds

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You know, I saw two teasers today. This movie and Toy Story 4. This movie looks much more interesting than Toy Story 4 and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not. We live in interesting times.
In fairness the TS4 trailer didn't show much. Just characters we already know goofing off.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I thought this was the stupidest idea ever, but that trailer actually look amazing.
I just discovered this thread so I had that entire range of emotions in about 2 minutes. What a wild ride.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Puppet/animatronics > CGI times a million percent.

However, this movie looks like it has all the characteristics to be an awesome cult classic that the mainstream critics will absolutely hate.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what to think to be quite honest. Reynolds' smartass/fast working sense of humor and characterization means at the minimum this is probably watchable...but i'm still confused as all hell.

Part of me also wants to see this movie, just with Danny DeVito instead. Make it one big ****in' meme.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I think the biggest disconnect I had was that I, in my head, equated Pikachu with Ash's Pikachu from the anime.

But this look like one of those things I never knew I wanted, but now I actually love the idea.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
New trailer released today. This movie looks so good. With the sequel already being made, I wouldn't be surprised to see an attempt at a cinematic universe.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
This movie instantly passed Avenegers: End Game for my most anticipated movie right now. The trailers are near perfect, and I feel like this is going to be such a good movie forthe 25-35 year old demographic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->