Player Discussion: Ryan Pulock Discussion Part II

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So how good is Pulock going to get? He may hit 40 points this year with minimal PP time pkaying as our shutdown D?

I think hes going to turn alot of heads around the league next year, i see no reason why he cant put up 50 points while playing stellar D. Hes the best defenseman we have drafted since? Jonsson? Dare i say Potvin?

I'd say he's 80% at his potential right now. Room to grow, but he's amazing already.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
His development has been amazing.

You just get that feeling that he's so solid without the puck in reading attacks and playing guys along the boards.

And now he seems so confident with the puck, even knowing he can usually bail out his own errors, when he makes one.

Been lovely watching his progression.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

You just get that feeling that he's so solid without the puck in reading attacks and playing guys along the boards.

And now he seems so confident with the puck, even knowing he can usually bail out his own errors, when he makes one.

Already looks like a prime Adrian Aucoin... but with more room to grow.

Reactions: WangMustGo

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Pulock is just getting better and better. Wish he played angry alittle more but I guess I'm being greedy.

I kind of like his temperament as is. All business and getting it done. He’s certainly not letting up on anyone either.

He just doesn’t seem to need to go that extra step... which honestly is mostly for theatrics anyway.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I kind of like his temperament as is. All business and getting it done. He’s certainly not letting up on anyone either.

He just doesn’t seem to need to go that extra step... which honestly is mostly for theatrics anyway.
makes sense but looove seeing emotion from players. Like I said, I'm being greedy. LGI

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013

Imagine where he’d be if Trotz developed him from the get go?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm not sure who/what is the best Islander blue line story this year. At first it was Mayfield. He was the biggest surprise to start the season and Pelech was the disappointment. Then came Toews and he came in looking like a veteran from the get go. As the season progressed, we started to realize what a solid, two way defender Pulock was becoming. Doing all the right things on both ends of the ice - smart decisions, quick to move the puck out of danger, positionally sound on defense. And then came Pelech truly doing a 180 from the beginning of the season and starting in around.....January? the game really started to slow down for him and he started playing like the guy we thought we were getting. And that's saying nothing about Boychuk staying healthy for the most part and being the rock back there.

I honestly don't know which is the best story of them all. But regardless, its the reason this team is still playing hockey right now.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I'm not sure who/what is the best Islander blue line story this year. At first it was Mayfield. He was the biggest surprise to start the season and Pelech was the disappointment. Then came Toews and he came in looking like a veteran from the get go. As the season progressed, we started to realize what a solid, two way defender Pulock was becoming. Doing all the right things on both ends of the ice - smart decisions, quick to move the puck out of danger, positionally sound on defense. And then came Pelech truly doing a 180 from the beginning of the season and starting in around.....January? the game really started to slow down for him and he started playing like the guy we thought we were getting. And that's saying nothing about Boychuk staying healthy for the most part and being the rock back there.

I honestly don't know which is the best story of them all. But regardless, its the reason this team is still playing hockey right now.
This is what Barry Trotz did in Nashville and now he’s doing it here.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This is what Barry Trotz did in Nashville and now he’s doing it here.
Trotz deserves all the credit in the world. He should be the runaway Jack Adams winner. That being said - he can't make chicken salad from chicken shit. At least, not to the extent that we witnessed. He deserves major credit for our blue line, sure. But if you don't have talent to work with, you ain't gonna succeed no matter what. The players still have to play and execute. These guys have done that in spades. Nothing short of remarkable.

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Trotz deserves all the credit in the world. He should be the runaway Jack Adams winner. That being said - he can't turn chicken salad into chicken ****. At least, not to the extent that we witnessed. He deserves major credit for our blue line, sure. But if you don't have talent to work with, you ain't gonna succeed no matter what. The players still have to play and execute. These guys have done that in spades. Nothing short of remarkable.
I think you flipped your analogy there

Reactions: davinhimself

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pulock doesn’t have the skating Josi has, Toews on the other hand does. Not sure if Toews has the offensive output that Josi has however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad