Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Poehling Sent to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well, if you think of it, all we should really be doing at this point is laugh at them, it really is comedic, it's like 8 years of Seinfield, a show about nothing that somehow manages to hold on to plenty of fans and continues making boatloads of money.
Hmmmm i like seinfeld i wonder what that says about me :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Why isn't JK going with him, that's where he should be as well. Maybe he can buy a shorter stick on the way down.
Yeah I saw that right away. I was bad. But as a wing I used a short stick and tried to skate a foot off the ice. They should be cutting his stick down half inch a year and tell him to skate lower. He’s not a d man.

Reactions: Habs

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Glad I purchased my home opener ticket for Laval a few weeks back. Look forward to seeing him and a few others in Laval! Should be some great hockey.

Reactions: DavePeak

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Great news. If he is too good for the AHL, we’ll see him back up soon enough. Until then, I’m looking forward to seeing him develop in the A as a top 6 player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And how do you know that he won't kill it in the NHL? Especially when playing in a great role?
Never said he wouldn't, but I dont believe in our team. The Laval squad though, they could potentially contend for Calder, which would be amazing for the kids.
Suzuki can be great next year in the NHL too, I rather he gets a winning experiencing as a top dog in the AHL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Never said he wouldn't, but I dont believe in our team. The Laval squad though, they could potentially contend for Calder, which would be amazing for the kids.
Suzuki can be great next year in the NHL too, I rather he gets a winning experiencing as a top dog in the AHL.
He 100% should be in the NHL imo. If he kills it here with Domi then great, if not he can go to Laval. But as of right now, he deserves to be where he is at.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He 100% should be in the NHL imo. If he kills it here with Domi then great, if not he can go to Laval. But as of right now, he deserves to be where he is at.
Has nothing to do with what he deserves and everything to do with what you feel is the best course of action to take regarding his development.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Regarding Suzuki. I too would've rather him in the AHL to start the year but he played TOO well to be sent down. It would defy the logic of training camp if he earned a spot and it got taken away.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ya...so what? How does that mean the best route to take is skip the AHL?
Well he completely dominated the OHL and was excellent in preseason. Are you just sending prospects down to the AHL regardless of how they performed in their season and in preseason?

Reactions: 417

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well he completely dominated the OHL and was excellent in preseason. Are you just sending prospects down to the AHL regardless of how they performed in their season and in preseason?

I don't care much for pre-season. A bunch of vets who dont compete nearly as hard as they usually do, bunch of career minor leaguers, some junior level guys, rounded up by a few interesting prospects.
It's an indication of absolutely f*** all. So ya, I dont care about it.

Suzuki showed some great skills, and he had an awesome last season. Great!
Now I look at the Habs, what I expect from them this year...bubble team at best, maybe less.
I look at Laval, potential contenders, great talent that can build something together.
I value that a lot.

If Poehling, Suzuki, Brook and the likes can go through a potentially winning season together down in the AHL, to me that's a very valuable experience. Look at TB, having guys who played together in Syracuse creates a chemistry they carry through to the NHL once they all make the team too.
Not to mention, he can develop his game down there even better.

We dont need Suzuki here this year.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't care much for pre-season. A bunch of vets who dont compete nearly as hard as they usually do, bunch of career minor leaguers, some junior level guys, rounded up by a few interesting prospects.
It's an indication of absolutely **** all. So ya, I dont care about it.

Now I look at the Habs, what I expect from them this year...bubble team at best, maybe less.
I look at Laval, potential contenders, great talent that can build something together.
I value that a lot.

If Poehling, Suzuki, Brook and the likes can go through a potentially winning season together down in the AHL, to me that's a very valuable experience. Look at TB, having guys who played together in Syracuse creates a chemistry they carry through to the NHL once they all make the team too.

Well I said season AND preseason. You can't just ignore his historic playoff performance.

So you would also send down Kotkaniemi an Fleury? You would only call them up once you *think* you can contend? How do you know when you are in contention status? How do you know how long it will take to get into that status?

Kucherovs first season was when we swept Tampa in the first round. So should they have kept him down there?

Blues were the worst team in the league until January 3rd, did they make a mistake keeping Robert Thomas?

There are so many other examples out there.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's an indication of absolutely **** all. So ya, I dont care about it.

I value that a lot.

Doesn't this more or less describe the AHL?

Reactions: angusyoung

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ud9Een4.gif

Wait a minute isn't it OldCraig72 now?

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad