Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Poehling Sent to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's ready to play a role in the NHL, but I'd rather have him explode the AHL and come back with more offensive confidence. This is the right move. This is what should've been done with Kotkaniemi last season as well IMHO.

It's not too late to do it with KK. If he's struggling like he did at the end of last year, I'd rather have Suzuki or Poehling as the 3c and send KK to have some time in Laval, as they did with Mete during his sophomore year last year.

I just hope they act quickly instead of letting KK flounder a long time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Why worry when those Hab fans Geoff really cares about, are probably thinking this ...

oA2hwgk.jpg

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Poehling is the best center in the Canadien organization. He's capable of scoring hat tricks and he's about as good defensively as Bergeron. Fotunately. he's 14 years younger. Bruins fans will get to hate him. I can imagine him on a line with Caufield. If Mechant tries to bully the rookie, Poeehling is capable of displacing the creep's schnozzola, and someone in black and yellow tries to intervene, Weber would flatten hi,.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why worry when those Hab fans Geoff really cares about, are probably thinking this ...

oA2hwgk.jpg
That guy looks like a hf habs poster that somehow slipped past the perfect people screeners, is that someone from here, he looks like he is so out of place there. On a different note, It's my birthday today man, did you get me anything?

Reactions: habsfan891

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I never claimed preseason was meaningless...so perhaps that's why I didn't bother responding in the first place.

But just to be clear...

Preseason doesn't mean anything to me...for players, it's a way to get back up to speed, most take it easy because it's not a "real" environment.

The only players going full tilt during preseason are players trying to make a team.

This did not and never did apply to Kotkaniemi.

His training camp was not any worse then every player on this team not named Nick Suzuki and Cale Fleury.

Or maybe you don't??

I'll judgr Kotkaniemi when games actually matter...not this exhibition season. I couldn't careless

All I care about at camp is health.

And on that front, for the most part at least.

Mission accomplished.

Drouin didn't have a great camp last year either...he still had a strong start to the season last year.

Preseason don't mean ****!

Rapala​
Apparently it never does in your estimation that's one false broad statement right there mate.

Why do you lie? :thumbd:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Drouin didn't have a great camp last year either...he still had a strong start to the season last year.

Preseason don't mean ****!

Rapala​
Apparently it never does in your estimation that's one false broad statement right there mate.

Why do you lie?
Preseason doesn't mean **** (to me)

I didn't think I had to elaborate on that.

Lying? Lol

Man you seriously need to relax...like I need to lie

Settle down

I just think you're reading way too much into preseason performances...

Judge Kotkaniemi starting Thursday and beyond...who really cares how he performed at half speed vs quasi NHL competition.

Like how does that hold more weight then what he did for 79 games last year?

Last edited:

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Poehling is the best center in the Canadien organization. He's capable of scoring hat tricks and he's about as good defensively as Bergeron. Fotunately. he's 14 years younger. Bruins fans will get to hate him. I can imagine him on a line with Caufield. If Mechant tries to bully the rookie, Poeehling is capable of displacing the creep's schnozzola, and someone in black and yellow tries to intervene, Weber would flatten hi,.

Who knows if Suzuki will not be better at center than Poelhing?

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
You want to see how Fleury performs, if what the pre season is a right indicator and if Brook as a very good start in Laval and Juulsen comes back to form, risking putting Reilly or Folin on waivers become less of an issue, you want Alzner, Ouellet or Leskinen to be last resort for call-back and until your sure with that, you need to confirm things.

Also since pre season means nothing, you want to make sure that tendency don't become reallity. The end of KK last season and pre season makes is leash much shorter, i agree we need to give him and he deserves time, that being said, if he doesn't pick up the ball, and Poehling or even Jack Evans do very good in Laval, KK might need a little seasoning as did Mete last year...

Also, if the team is in it after 15 games ( 9-6, 8-7, 7-8) this might modify some thinking but for the same period, we have a strong losing record (3-4 wins only) then we could see a clean up of vets ( Cousins, Thompson, Byron, Petry) and the arrival of Poehling, Evans, Brook could be in the stars....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
OlderCraig71, eh

A good time to reminisce about a couple of my favorite OC moments.

There was this one from Nov. 23rd last year ...

I still have my Leclair jersey although it dosen't quite fit like it used to.

Cut out the back and use it as a kitchen apron.

I should do that and get my wife to wear it on "special occassions". I should be able to then see my LeClair jersey about 3 times a year.

2pvhay.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And there was this other OC gem from the Nov. 17th PGT last year ...

Passed out, woke up and we won.

9yusXbu.gif

Cool stuff sir . If not for risk of certain death I would take a picture of a napping OldMrsCraig71 and post it. I am now wide awake watching the Oilers and Flames. Cheers!

Craig you dinosaur.

I have been called worse.

Get some sleep. Those old bones need some rest. :sarcasm:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
A good time to reminisce about a couple of my favorite OC moments.

There was this one from Nov. 23rd last year ...

2pvhay.jpg

Fun times, we have lots of great memories and laughs from so many of our GDT's good sir. Molson and Bergevin might not know how to build a good hockey team but they sure do know how to provide us with plenty of laughs. Like? lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fun times, we have lots of great memories and laughs from so many of our GDT's good sir. Molson and Bergevin might not know how to build a good hockey team but they sure do know how to provide us with plenty of laughs. Like? lol.

Well, you do a good job of providing some of those laughs yourself and I mean that in the most complementary of ways. At least your humor doesn't disappoint thousands of fans on a recurring basis. Looking forward to many more. Happy you're sharing your birthday with us. Enjoy.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Their meme generation ability is second to none :laugh:
Well, if you think of it, all we should really be doing at this point is laugh at them, it really is comedic, it's like 8 years of Seinfield, a show about nothing that somehow manages to hold on to plenty of fans and continues making boatloads of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad