Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 6 - Recalled to the NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So not ready to be handed a top-2 C role in Montreal and move Domi to the wing?
I always chuckle at posts not only pencilling Poehling at 2C but Domi being the one moved to wing.

edit: And he scores just as I write this lol.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I always chuckle at posts not only pencilling Poehling at 2C but Domi being the one moved to wing.

edit: And he scores just as I write this lol.

Yeah, with the way Fleury and Suzuki look in real game action, impossible to say Poehling could deal with the speed of the game.

Still he got a hatty in a real game last year. I look forward to seeing how he fits in.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, with the way Fleury and Suzuki look in real game action, impossible to say Poehling could deal with the speed of the game.

Still he got a hatty in a real game last year. I look forward to seeing how he fits in.

To be honest I haven't noticed Fleury or suzuki really at all. I feel poehling just fits better in the nhl game for some reason.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To be honest I haven't noticed Fleury or suzuki really at all. I feel poehling just fits better in the nhl game for some reason.

I'd like to see Suzuki with KK and puck possession demon Armia.

Maybe Poehling fits with Drouin and Domi on the wing - or takes Thompson's spot.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Poehling/Weal
Suzuki KK Armia
Byron Poehling/Weal Lehkonen

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Good players don't require 2 years in the AHL. There's the usual late bloomer exceptions but for the most part if he needs two years in the AHL then he wont be a driver.

Lots of "good" players spent time in the A.
He shouldn't even be down there if not for his concussion.

Reactions: dralaf

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Poehling has a much higher hockey IQ than Fleury and is a much faster skater than Suzuki which is why he is a better fit in the NHL right now than either of theses two.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Poehling has a much higher hockey IQ than Fleury and is a much faster skater than Suzuki which is why he is a better fit in the NHL right now than either of theses two.
I don't know if you watched Poehling's two games with the Rocket so far, but he needs to be in the AHL for a little while. From what I've seen, he would bring very little to the Habs right now.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I don't know if you watched Poehling's two games with the Rocket so far, but he needs to be in the AHL for a little while. From what I've seen, he would bring very little to the Habs right now.
Poehling is -4 over two games in the A. Thinking now that Suz and Poehling will (and should) spend more time than we thought in the minors this year.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I've noticed them yesterday, in a bad way since they both made costly mistakes that led to goals against.

Julien was right to bench them. I think they'll be fine in the long run, its part of the learning process. They won't overreact with Suzuki, but if Julien feels he can't trust his 3rd pair for more than 11 minutes a night, Folin will get back in the lineup fast.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I have a feeling Poehling will turn it around pretty fast down there, I don't think he expected to be there and is just adjusting.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Just think about it in terms of your job, if you thought you were a lock for a promotion and then you didn't get it, your first few days after you're a little sour and not as productive as you'd normally be. Happened to me last year, was pissed the first week and then got back to work kept my head down and got it two months later.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
As a center. Perhaps never more than a 3C. But he might be a top-6 winger. I see him long-term on the LW of KK and Caufield. Probably first line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

He's going to need both.

He didn't process the play very fast on the hit that knocked him out. I still think that was a hit from behind though - a hit to the back of the shoulder, not the side of the shoulder, is a hit from behind, not from the side.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I've noticed them yesterday, in a bad way since they both made costly mistakes that led to goals against.

Julien was right to bench them. I think they'll be fine in the long run, its part of the learning process. They won't overreact with Suzuki, but if Julien feels he can't trust his 3rd pair for more than 11 minutes a night, Folin will get back in the lineup fast.

The game is really fast this year. Faster than last year, much faster than Friday's AHL game, and much faster than preseason. Fleury has even fallen over himself when he's trying to make a quick play.

The turnover was a result of him trying to play fast and rushing a pass when he had time. He's also missed more passes than that trying to play fast.

The problem is Folin had problems last year with the speed of the game. And this year, the game's even faster.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Bravo Joël.....

He put Poeling on the third line with bad wingers.

He should put him right away on the first line.

Weise has more usa than him..where is the logic

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Bravo Joël.....

He put Poeling on the third line with bad wingers.

He should put him right away on the first line.

Weise has more usa than him..where is the logic

This is no good. Poehling should go down to Adirondack to get top minutes and PP and PK time. Then when he gets his confidence back, call him up to play with Tatar and Gallagher. Danault can take his place in Adirondack and Domi can move to LW so that Suzuki can play 2nd line C and Kotkaniemi can finally get 13 minutes as 3C.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Eventually I'd call up Weise and Hudon, send down Suzuki and Fleury.

Benefit is allows AHL coach to not play his NHL vets over the Poehling. Suzuki/Fleury get more ice.

Kotkaniemi is only youngster that Julien has to manage (doesn't need to juggle giving icetime to Suzuki)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This is no good. Poehling should go down to Adirondack to get top minutes and PP and PK time. Then when he gets his confidence back, call him up to play with Tatar and Gallagher. Danault can take his place in Adirondack and Domi can move to LW so that Suzuki can play 2nd line C and Kotkaniemi can finally get 13 minutes as 3C.

:sarcasm:

Poehling was recently injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad