Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It's confirmed! Poehling will make his NHL debut tonight. He was practicing as 4C between Deslauriers and Weal. D'Lo was there mainly because Byron had a therapy day. Not sure if Byron will play or not. But if he does, then it would be Byron - Poehling - Weal as the fourth line. I can get on board with that.

The centers tonight are Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Poehling!
Sweet!

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Anyone know what the rules are for NCAA player playing in the NHL, is it the same rules as other players where 10 games burns one year of their ELC?

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Anyone know what the rules are for NCAA player playing in the NHL, is it the same rules as other players where 10 games burns one year of their ELC?
first year is burned because he signed when he was 20 years old regardless of whether he played 0 games, 1 game or 10 games.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

1 year ELC burn, doesn't need to be protected for the expansion

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
first year is burned because he signed when he was 20 years old regardless of whether he played 0 games, 1 game or 10 games.

So in other words if the Habs signed him in the summer, he would be on a 3 year entry level deal for 3 seasons: 19-20, 20-21, 21-22

But because they signed him in 18-19, and he is over 19 years of age as of september 15th, 2019 (2019 being the signing year), he is not allowed to slide?

Did I understand that correctly?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He already has the size. Hes foing to the net. Rhis guy is ready for the nhl. He looks like a guy whos is 30 years old.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Been saying it, he’s been ready. Glad we finally have him. Big centers, who can skate, play in both ends, go to the tough areas and create offence are rare.

I really like how he goes to the net. We need a guy like that. We're his brothers really that bad a handicap on him this year? The so so production just seems weird because he just looked flat out better in the highlights I saw. Faster and making nifty plays at higher speeds. I've been pretty cautious but I'm starting to get fairly excited. If he can be an upgrade on Danault that would be huge. It's not obvious he can be though he has the better tools. Danault is just such a work horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->