Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
LW for sure.
We can't have 2 guys with so little NHL experience playing center. I'd rather we protect KK.

Moreover Poehling would have to beat Danault for a spot. Stop dreaming in colour, that's not happening.

+ Duchene x-factor.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
LW for sure.
We can't have 2 guys with so little NHL experience playing center. I'd rather we protect KK.

Moreover Poehling would have to beat Danault for a spot. Stop dreaming in colour, that's not happening.

+ Duchene x-factor.
Please no. We’ve been waiting for depth at center. Let him play in Laval as a center before that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LW for sure.

+ Duchene x-factor.
huh??? did you read the options??? One option is he moves Domi back to the wing, not beating out Danault. Learn to read in colour.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hard to say... will depend how he will do at the training camp. The expectation is high but for all we know that 4 goal game was a fluke. (I hope not and I hope he turns out to be power forward we want him to be). I am also less than confident in Clod and rest of the "make them a better person" brigade to handle his development properly. But we shall see.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
3rd line Center and KK will move to the wing. That's not what I want but that's what's going to happen because we are terrible with player management.
I don’t see anyway Kotkaniemi goes to wing.

Poehling probably starts in the AHL unless he has a stellar camp.

We need to stop playing these centres at wings and let them learn and develop at their proper position and work through the growing pains and mistakes that will come.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He weighed 170 when he was drafted. Today he's 210.

He's playing in Montreal this year. The only question is, what position is he playing?

a) 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

b) Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

c) 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw) Does he, not Duchene, push Domi to the wing?

d) Laval
Who are the 2 guys on the right on the picture? Ylonen and Ikonen? If that's the case Ikonen looks like I can who plays too much fortnite lol

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
I see Poehling starting in Laval barring any trades but he will stick once he is called up because he is just better than some of our forwards

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
When you consider NHL readiness + NHL potential, do we really have 12 forwards better than Poehling? We're starting to be better at playing young players and dumping try-hard, fan favorite vets. So let's hope that continues with him being a top 9 player for us from the start of the season.

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
I don't know why, maybe because of its size, or body type, or manliness, but he always remind me a forward version of Shea Weber

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I was hoping on my team playing in the garage league, I think he will help :sarcasm:

Seriously, I think this question would be more appropriate for sometime next week.

Reactions: Paddyjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad