Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Does Poehling can play on the wing? I don't see him center the fourth line. If he cracks the lineup, I see the things that way

Domi
Danault
KK
Thompson/Weal

I don't think put back Domi on the wing is an option seeing the season he had.
The 4th line next season should be Byron-Poehling-Weal. What’s wrong with that?

Domi goes back on the wing if only the Habs end up signing Matt Duschene.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nothing wrong. It's just I don't see the purpose to sign Thompson then. I'd rather see Poehling with Laval.

Thompson is cheap, versatile veteran depth. If he is our 13th forward then that is exactly as planned. There is almost always 1 or more forwards out with injuries so he will get his playing time.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nothing wrong. It's just I don't see the purpose to sign Thompson then. I'd rather see Poehling with Laval.

You need depth and it's a 23 man roster where you play 20 guys. 3 guys sit and having guys like Thompson around is a good thing. Unless you think he steals the job away from Poehling because our coach Julien, but remember, we are not a rebuilding team so teams that are fighting for the playoffs play the players who earn the job and produce.

Based on our depth at forward, I think Poehling starts in Laval. However, I do see an outside chance Poehling starts in our top 9 as a LW

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs defeated the Bruins twice last season. I think they can do the same in 2019-20, especially if they bolster the D. In fact, their chances of qualifying for the playoffs look pretty good. They're set at center. They're fair at RW and LW. They even have a potential backup goaltender in Primeau. Am I too optimistic? I don't think so.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There’s the Poehling’s influences. His top 5 influences. Liked his 1st tbh... Had read a lot about the ROR’s comparison. The most comparable one imo. Like between the others comparisons. If he reached his full upside, it’s feasible. Could be another one of this likes. Not the entirety tho. But some same characteristics included.

Ryan Poehling (09/06/2019) said:
“Ryan O’Reilly... I think it's just because I watched him growing up and I've always tried to emulate my game after him. I've done a good job of that... I respect how he plays offensively, but he also plays a 200-foot game. I also respect how he wins so many draws. That's something I try to do, too... I need to get better at it, but he's a good guy to look towards.”

“Ryan Suter... My cousin is married to him. So I've kind of known him for a while... I admire how he handles himself off the ice. It's something I can take from him, for sure... He's a great leader. When you carry yourself the way that Ryan does, people just gravitate towards you. I've always tried to emulate that as well...”

“Pavel Datsyuk? He was my favorite player growing up. I loved the Detroit Red Wings... So just watching him and the things that he could do, it was always so magical. I always thought: I wonder if someday I'll be able to do that, too? The way he played the game was special and I don't think anyone will ever be as skilled as he was.”

“Ed Belfour... There's one game of his I remember watching. He played so well. He's one of the all-time greats. I always had little hockey action figures and the first one I got was his... I related to him. And then seeing him do all that stuff between the pipes just came to my mind and I looked to him through my childhood.”

“Jonathan Toews... Growing up, especially in my teen years, the Blackhawks were such a lethal group. Seeing them win three Stanley Cup titles in six years was big. At least playing hockey, too, you realize that you can't win without great leadership. And it just shows that he did such a great job in that organization and kept everyone on track.

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
Saw this post

All the past stanley cup champs have had two way center who can dominate on d and score points
Toews (2010, 2013, 2015), Bergeron (2011), Kopitar (2012, 2014), Crosby (2016, 2017), Backstrom (kind of, 2018), and now ROR (2019).

Hopefully Poehling will be the answer we need to get a player like that

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe they saw some flaws in that guy and that's why they decided to trade him?
They saw enough to play him a few games as a teenager. I doubt a coaching staff would see flaws in a top 10 pick to justify trading. Him while he is still a teenager. A French Canadian player became available that had intriguing upside.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They saw enough to play him a few games as a teenager. I doubt a coaching staff would see flaws in a top 10 pick to justify trading. Him while he is still a teenager. A French Canadian player became available that had intriguing upside.
But do you agree they had a lot more personal interactions with him than me and you? Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->