Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 5)

Where is Poehling playing most of this season?

• 4th line Center (ex: Weal-Poehling-Armia)

• Left wing (ex: Poehling-KK-Lehkonen or Poehling-Domi-Shaw)

• 2nd line Center (Domi-Poehling-Shaw)

• Laval

• 3rd line center (move Kotkaniemi to the wing)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
this Kotkaniemi on the wing should stop now.

Season is over, if you wanna experiment and check your young guns.
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Poehling - Armia
Lehkonen - Weal - Byron

Kotk has played 112ish games this season, let him play a less grueling position until the end of the year. He's had roughly 108 games as a centre already, no need to have him match up against Matthews or Tavares at this point.

Also, I would want to see Poehling play his first game as a winger. He needs to experience NHL pace and NHL intensity. Let him have a mentor like Thompson or Denault play pivot and just let Poehling adjust as a winger for one game before he takes over the 1c in Laval next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's confirmed! Poehling will make his NHL debut tonight. He was practicing as 4C between Deslauriers and Weal. D'Lo was there mainly because Byron had a therapy day. Not sure if Byron will play or not. But if he does, then it would be Byron - Poehling - Weal as the fourth line. I can get on board with that.

The centers tonight are Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Poehling!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
It's confirmed! Poehling will make his NHL debut tonight. He was practicing as 4C between Deslauriers and Weal. D'Lo was there mainly because Byron had a therapy day. Not sure if Byron will play or not. But if he does, then it would be Byron - Poehling - Weal as the fourth line. I can get on board with that.

Nice.

Something to watch.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Thompson is a healthy scratch then right?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Great. This is why I wouldn't mind him playing 4C next year, playing with Byron and Weal is hardly some death sentence for 5on5 production.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotk has played 112ish games this season, let him play a less grueling position until the end of the year. He's had roughly 108 games as a centre already, no need to have him match up against Matthews or Tavares at this point.

Also, I would want to see Poehling play his first game as a winger. He needs to experience NHL pace and NHL intensity. Let him have a mentor like Thompson or Denault play pivot and just let Poehling adjust as a winger for one game before he takes over the 1c in Laval next year.
The season is done. There's nothing on the line, play him at C and nothing else.

Reactions: HOPE

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The season is done. There's nothing on the line, play him at C and nothing else.

There's a reason Finland doesn't start players at centre. Get him a feel of the league in an easier position instead of swamping him against a team with fantastic centre depth.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There's a reason Finland doesn't start players at centre. Get him a feel of the league in an easier position instead of swamping him against a team with fantastic centre depth.
The season is done. It's a boring narrative. He's played all year at center, he's been fine, stop with the idiocy.

Reactions: HOPE

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I guess it's official, he makes his debut tonight.

Screenshot_2019-04-06-11-08-04.png

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The season is done. It's a boring narrative. He's played all year at center, he's been fine, stop with the idiocy.

NHL is a different beast then college, its not a matter of results. It's a matter of preparing a player for the pace. Imo a player benefits more from feeling the grind and pace in a controlled environment rather than having to play against Tavares or Matthews.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Could be 2019-20 centers, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad