Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling Part 4 (No MB talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If Poehling is able to step in the NHL and fill the 3 rd line C that should the best acquisition MB makes...
It could able us to move Domi to the wing and make 3 really solid and reliable line.

Yeah Domi moving back to the wing should be on the table but really only if Poehling or Suzuki can get it done as top 6 Cs.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I like Poehling, but 3 goals in 25 games in U, is not a guy who gonnas score 30 goals in the NHL. My expection about him is more a good 3th center in the NHL. I doubt about his futur production..

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I like Poehling, but 3 goals in 25 games in U, is not a guy who gonnas score 30 goals in the NHL. My expection about him is more a good 3th center in the NHL. I doubt about his futur production..
Brady Tkachuk scored 8 goals in 40 games last year and is doing pretty well this year. College production isn't an indicator of anything, I've learned.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Keep in mind how young Poehling is compared to his opposition and how he dominated his age cohort at the WJHC. If he was in the CHL he’d be tearing it up so don’t put too much stock into his college stats.

He had the tools and the toolbox to be a very effective NHLer for a long time. Might take a few years until he’s a no. 2 center like it took Danault but his learning curve had been amazing to watch as he gets better and better every year.

Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You don’t need to score 30 goals to be a top 2C. Do you have any more evidence that says he is a 3C and not a 2C?

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Poehling is the closest NHL ready prospect we have.

Poehling is A winger? :laugh:
He was saying tkachuk is a winger.
And poehling being NHL ready is nearly impossible to know. He does play a pro game, has a decent physique for his age and has been playing older guys for a long time! He hasn’t player a pro game yet neither any pre season on rookie game! But yeah i would also assume he’s our closest NHL prospect, doesn’t mean he’s ready either! I would personally like to see him in laval for a little before!

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was saying tkachuk is a winger.

Looked like he was talking about Poehling. My bad. That’s why I avoid using He when talking about a player now. Just say his name each time

Who is saying Tkachuk is a center? And how does this apply to Poehling?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Looked like he was talking about Poehling. My bad. That’s why I avoid using He when talking about a player now. Just say his name each time

Who is saying Tkachuk is a center? And how does this apply to Poehling?
He was refering to the post where the guy was stating that tkachuk had 8 goals in 40 ncaa games and was having a better NHL year than his ncaa wich doesn’t tealy indicate anything.

He replied that tkachuk is a winger not a center and that we need to lower expectation for poehling!

(My thought would be that he said that in a way to say that it’s easier to adapt to the NHL and pick it up faster as a winger than a center) and he doesn’t believe poehling is NHL ready, wich is a fair bet!

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was refering to the post where the guy was stating that tkachuk had 8 goals in 40 ncaa games and was having a better NHL year than his ncaa wich doesn’t tealy indicate anything.

He replied that tkachuk is a winger not a center and that we need to lower expectation for poehling!

(My thought would be that he said that in a way to say that it’s easier to adapt to the NHL and pick it up faster as a winger than a center) and he doesn’t believe poehling is NHL ready, wich is a fair bet!

It’s always a safer bet to say any prospects is not NHL ready before they turn pro. It’s true

But Poehling is our closest NHL ready prospect IMO. It comes down to who he fights for to win a role. Hard to imagine having two top 3 centers age 20 or under with our roster next year right?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Brady Tkachuk scored 8 goals in 40 games last year and is doing pretty well this year. College production isn't an indicator of anything, I've learned.

It was pointed before that Peohling's role on the team depends on the coach. He is a great team player and will play how the coach tells him to play. His coach uses all 4 lines almost equally, so he will balance them. He was playing on a line with both of his brother last I heard. His brothers aren't really what you call offensive players.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Watching Ryan Johansen yesterday had me thinking that’s what Poehling could look like in a few years.
Poehling has a much better motor than RyJo. Johansen often looks like he's playing in slow-motion. Johansen reminds me of a poor man's Getzlaf. I think Poehling has less offense than both but will be better on the D-side of things.

Reactions: muzion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He is our worst C on face off, doesn’t bring anything at center that he wouldn’t be able to bring has a winger, Push all are winger down one spot, I don’t see the issue if the overall line up is better.
Who f***ing cares about faceoffs, it's an useless stat, more often than not the "winning" side loses the puck two picoseconds after.

He's a top line C, why in the bloody hell would we move him away from there to accomodate all our centers that are WORSE than him ??? He should be 1C until Kotkaniemi is ready to take over, and then 2C until Poehling is ready to take over, and TBH, if it's never, were going to be just fine, he's a better C than Turris or Little.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If Poehling is able to step in the NHL and fill the 3 rd line C that should the best acquisition MB makes...
It could able us to move Domi to the wing and make 3 really solid and reliable line.

Why would we want to move Domi to wing? He might be the first center of ours to hit 70 points since Plekanec did it almost 10 years ago.

People have been complaining about our lack of a #1 center for 20+ years and we finally have a guy whose producing like a #1 and we want to move him to wing. And the reasoning behind this is to make room for a rookie on the 3rd line? That's just insane.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Why would we want to move Domi to wing? He might be the first center of ours to hit 70 points since Plekanec did it almost 10 years ago.

People have been complaining about our lack of a #1 center for 20+ years and we finally have a guy whose producing like a #1 and we want to move him to wing. And the reasoning behind this is to make room for a rookie on the 3rd line? That's just insane.

Call me crazy but the goal of this theory is to optimize our quality of play on both side of the puck.

Reactions: calder candidate

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Call me crazy but the goal of this theory is to optimize our quality of play on both side of the puck.

Except having Domi go from 70 points as a center to the 50 points he's shown as a winger isn't going to optimize our play. It's going to make use worse period, it also likely does nothing defensively since Poehling has 0 NHL experience at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad