Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Well apparently they rushed Chucky because he should have stayed in junior to work on Defense, so the last thing I want is for the bozos to rush our 2nd best C prospect since 2012. Leave him be, talk again a year from now.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
The University of Minnesota (in college hockey circles).

Outside of college hockey, it's the University of Miami because of the football program.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The University of Minnesota (in college hockey circles).

Outside of college hockey, it's the University of Miami because of the football program.
Okay yes I knew about football so I was wondering why he would go to Florida...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
that sucks, didn't see that one coming after reading about the Don leaving. Poehling likely has only 1 year left at SCSU anyway but still don't like it.
Is there a chance he leaves now that his coach has left? I am not advocating it, just wondering.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is there a chance he leaves now that his coach has left? I am not advocating it, just wondering.

it's certainly possible, I'd be a bit surprised if he did but it also could come down to who they bring in and what the Habs want him to do. When a head coach leaves, often you see the incoming players opt out to either go where that coach is going or somewhere else but players already on the team it's less likely at least in terms of transferring. I would hate to see Poehling being coached by Lefebvre though.

Reactions: Tyson

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Poehling has two years left. His brothers are there. That will benefit you greatly if you're hoping he stays there instead of goes to the AHL.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dont see Poehling leaving st-cloud.
He already confirmed he will play another year, and its also likely the last time he will play with his brothers

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Poehling is not leaving St. Cloud guys, come on...

I'm sure he likes his coach but he probably values his teammates a lot more.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Apparently, the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL are making a push to bring Poehling in. Although Poehling has been confirmed to be returning to St. Cloud.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Poehling is not leaving St. Cloud guys, come on...

I'm sure he likes his coach but he probably values his teammates a lot more.
After watching the Cribs episode with Poehling on Habs TV today, he seems to be pretty content with living with his brothers... He's likely loving the life he's living.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Will Portland be any good next season?

Either way, i don't want him in the ahl.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Poehling is a 3rd liner in the form of kyle chipchura.
No, I think he's more a 5th D in the mold of Jordie Benn honestly.
Apparently, the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL are making a push to bring Poehling in. Although Poehling has been confirmed to be returning to St. Cloud.

I am 99% convinced Ryan will not leave SCSU and his teammates after the year they just had. Plus Bellows probably won't be there next year. No CHL team even owns his rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad