Ryan Pilon trade

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
who wins this deal, is the kid as good as they say? if so happy for my wheat kings.

There is a lot of pressure on Pilon now because the Wheat kings played a heavy price for Pilon because Walters will play a ton of minutes of Lethbridge and is an excellent defenseman. Cooper should be give a chance to get some PP time and score a little more and last but definitely not last is that Tanner Browne will be a good defenseman.

If the Wheat Kings can convince Colt Conrad to come to Brandon they may win this deal.

David Strorm

@ControlPuck
Aug 13, 2012
Manitoba
Brandon wins. Conrad is just a bonus. Considering Brandon isnt in turmoil like Lethbridge, and also has Nolan Patrick, Kale Clague , rights to Wade Allison AAA line mate , I wouldn't be shocked if he decommits.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Brandon wins. Conrad is just a bonus. Considering Brandon isnt in turmoil like Lethbridge, and also has Nolan Patrick, Kale Clague , rights to Wade Allison AAA line mate , I wouldn't be shocked if he decommits.

I wasn't sure with the lure of playing on a very good Brandon team would change his mind. 2 years they could be one of the better teams in the WHL with Patrick, Clague, Kaspick would all be 2nd year with Hawryluk, Quenneville and Pilon being 19 and other good players like Shmyr and Gabrielle being 18 then. They should be a very good team in 2 years.

BWK Fan 97

Apr 1, 2013
On The Prairies
Brandon won the deal, no doubt about it. Look, Walters is ok. Just ok, solid defensively, no offence whatsoever. Plus he is gone after this year, as he has signed with the blues. Cooper is a guy who will score twice in one game and go 7 or 8 before he gets another point. Very streaky and not physical. Browne might be a solid dman, but he was one of Brandon's first cuts. I know he is just 16 but still, if he was really good he probably would've made the team this year. Sorry Lethbridge, but as a wheat kings season ticket holder I see these guys play a lot. You guys should've gotten a lot more for Pilon, but at the same time great for Brandon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad